Chapter 7-The Battle for the Castle

You were flying through the air through the night. A griffon held you as he effortlessly glided through the wind. You flew alongside Caspian, Peter, Susan, and Trumpkin. Edmund was ahead of the group, signaling with his light. Caspian's griffon dove, allowing him to draw his sword and kill a guard on one of the towers.

You continued going through the air, when you noticed a guard aiming his crossbow at Edmund. You drew your bow and notched an arrow, ready to strike, when the guard fell over. You turned and noticed Susan had just shot him. A griffon put Peter down, where he slashed at the other guard, killing him. One by one, the griffons dropped you off. As you stood there on the wall, the dread of this moment finally seeped in. You didn't let it show, though.

You had tied a rope to the edge of a tower, and you were all climbing down to the ledge. Caspian quietly knocked on a window.

"Professor?" He whispered. You dropped down next to him, and held your hand above your squinting eyes to try to see better. Caspian pulled out a dagger, and slid it between the doors, unlocking it. He and Peter shared a look, but Caspian entered the room anyway. Peter looked at you and you shrugged, walking in as well. Peter sighed and followed you in, Susan and Trumpkin behind him. Caspian picked up the professor's spectacles from the table.

"I have to find him." Caspian declared.

"You don't have time. You need to get the gate open." Peter reminded.

"You wouldn't even be here without him." Caspian retorted. "And neither would I."

Peter looked to Susan for backup. "You and I can deal with Miraz." She told him.

"And I can still get to the gate in time." Caspian announced. He turned abruptly, giving you and Susan one last look before leaving.

"Caspian!" You whisper shouted. He didn't hear you. You sighed and turned to Peter, Susan and Trumpkin. The dwarf looked at the group, and left to do his part.

"What do I do?" You asked.

"You're with us." Peter instructed.

You followed Peter and Susan through the corridors, taking out any guards that dare come your way. You made your way to Miraz's room, when you heard a female voice.

"Put the sword down, Caspian. I don't want to do this."

You all entered the room, weapons drawn.

"We don't want you to, either." Susan spoke, aiming her arrow at Queen Prunaprismia. You drew your bowstring back, ready to fire. The Queen was pointing her crossbow around franticly, not sure who to shoot. You looked at Caspian, who had his sword against Miraz's throat. Miraz put his hands on his hips and let out a quiet sigh.

"This used to be a private room." He said. You would have laughed, if it had come out of anyone but him. Your eyes narrowed instead.

"What are you doing?" Peter asked Caspian. "You're supposed to be in the gatehouse."

"No! Tonight for once, I want the truth." Caspian said, shaking. He took a few steps toward his uncle, backing him against a window. "Did you kill my father?" Caspian asked.

"Now we get to it." Was all Miraz said.

"You said your brother died in his sleep." The Queen told her husband.

"That was more or less true." Miraz spoke. You felt tears running down your cheeks and you turned your face away slightly.

"Caspian, this won't make things any better." Susan assured.