Chapter 4-Meeting the Narnians

"Kill him!" A centaur shouted, pointing an accusatory finger at Caspian. Other's joined in.

"Telmarine!"

"Liar!"

"Murderer!"

You looked at Caspian, who was clearly unnerved.

"All this horn proves, is that they've stolen yet another thing from us!" Nikabrik shouted, joining in. You sent the grumpy dwarf an indignant look.

"I didn't steal anything." Caspian said, turning to the unreliable Narnian, voice even.

"Liar!"

"Didn't steal anything?" More shouted.

"Shall we list the things the Telmarines have taken!?" A Minotaur shouted.

"Our homes!" A female centaur shouted.

"Our lands!" Shouted another.

"Our freedom!" A faun joined in.

"Our villages!"

"Our lives!"

"You stole Narnia!"

You covered your ears, loathing the sounds of hate. Trufflehunter put a reassuring paw on your leg.

"You would hold me accountable for all the crimes of my people?" Caspian questioned, voice still calm. You were amazed.

"Accountable......and punishable." Nikabrik stated, walking towards Caspian, hand rested on his dagger.

"Ha! That is rich, coming from you, dwarf!" Reepicheep said, jumping down to the middle. He drew his blade and walked forward. "Or have you forgotten it was your people that fought alongside the White Witch?" He asked, his voice challenging.

"And I'd gladly do it again, if it would rid us of these barbarians." He announced, sending a disgusted look Caspian's way. Trufflehunter pat your knee a couple times, signaling he must step away for you for a moment. He walked forward.

"Then it is lucky for us it is not in your power to bring her back." He said, entering the middle. "Or are you suggesting that we ask this boy to go against Aslan, now?"

This caused quite the ruckus. People everywhere were shouting over one another. Trufflehunter opened his mouth to speak again, causing the other creatures to stop.

"Some of you may have forgotten, but we badgers remember well, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King."

"He's a Telmarine! Why would we want him as our King!?" Nikabrik shouted.

"Because I can help you!" Caspian interjected.

"It's a trick!"

"At least hear him out!"

The group suddenly became very silent, causing you to stand, and join the middle too, standing just to the left of Caspian.

"Beyond these woods, I am a Prince. The Telmarine throne is rightfully mine!" He started. You smiled, knowing what he was getting at. "Help me reclaim it, and I can bring peace between us."

"It is true." The lead centaur spoke, walking around the group. "The time is ripe. I watch the skies, for it is mine to watch as much as it is yours to remember, badger." He spoke, looking at Trufflehunter. "Tarva, the lord of victory, and Alambil, the lady of peace, have come together in the high heavens." He continued. "And now here, a son of Adam has come forth to offer us back our freedom."

"Is this possible? Do you really think there could be peace?" A squirrel asked. "Do you? I mean, I mean really?"

"Two days ago, I didn't believe in the existence of talking animals, of dwarves, or centaurs." Caspian spoke. "Yet here you are. In strength and numbers that-that we Telmarines could never have imagined. Whether this horn is magic or not, it brought us together." He said, raising the object. You smiled in pride.

"And together, we have a change to take back what is ours."

The lead centaur stepped forward. "If you will lead us, then my sons and I offer you our swords." He said, unsheathing his sword and holding it out. Several centaurs behind him did the same. You looked at Trufflehunter, noting he was correct earlier. Minotaurs, fauns and other creatures raised their weapons as well.

"And we offer you our lives, unreservedly." Reepicheep stated, bowing.

"Miraz's army will not be far behind us, sire." Trufflehunter voiced, stepping forward.

"If we are to be ready for them, we need to hurry to find soldiers and weapons. I'm sure they will be here soon." Caspian noted.

At this order, everyone except you and Caspian left to fulfill his orders. You turned and smiled at him, wrapping your arms around him in a big hug. He hugged you back with just as much force, lifting you slightly off the ground.

"I'm so proud of you." You muttered. Caspian placed you gently back on the earth.

"Thank you. Narnia will need a Queen, though. Up for the challenge?" He asked, a slight teasing tone in his voice. You smirked up at him.

"I'm good, thanks. I don't think I could take it." You said. "But you seemed to handle yourself quite well."

He smiled, and bowed his head slightly in appreciation. You smiled up at him. "I'm sure you'll find yourself a good Queen." You spoke honestly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, again this is short, but I promise that next chapter, there will be some interaction with the Pevensie's!

~Mara~