Chapter 5-The Kings and Queens of Old

Caspian, you and your new friends were marching through the forest. A minotaur ahead of you let out a low grumble, and you heard a voice.

"Aslan?"

Some noises to your left were heard. You turned abruptly and tried to look through the grass and ferns, but it was too dense so you opted for slowly and quietly getting an arrow ready. You pulled Caspian to the side, wary of who it might be. Caspian drew his sword and waited. A quiet gasp was heard, followed by the chilling sound of a sword being drawn. A figure stepped into a clearing, walking towards the minotaur that grunted. Caspian leapt forward, grunting loudly. He clashed swords with the man, but he got hit in the face by the handle of the blade. The man brought his sword down on Caspian's with all his might. He swung it around, knocking the sword out of your friend's hand. You rushed out from your position and aimed your arrow at the man. He began swinging at Caspian, who dodged, and the sword got stuck in a tree. Caspian kicked the man away, taking the opportunity and grabbed the sword, trying to release it from the tree. The man grabbed a rock and began charging Caspian.

"Don't move!" You instructed. "I'll shoot." He froze, his arm raised.

"No, stop!" A quiet and timid sounding voice shouted. The man and Caspian both looked to the source of the sound, while you kept your eyes trained on the attacker. Caspian managed to get the sword out of the tree while the man looked around, noticing they've been surrounded by Narnians. The man turned around and looked Caspian up and down.

"Prince Caspian?" He asked. Your eyes widened slightly.

"Yes. And who are you?" Caspian asked. Another voice was heard.

"Peter!!" Once again, Peter and Caspian turned to the source, while you focused on Peter, and what you'd do to him if he breathed the wrong way.

Four more figures appeared in your peripheral vision. Caspian looked down at the handle of the sword in his hand. He looked up at Peter in shock.

"High King Peter."

"I believe you called."

You relaxed your bow, and put the arrow away, strapping the bow to your back as well.

"Well yes, but" he paused to observe the others around him. "I thought you'd be older."

Peter looked up at Caspian with a look you couldn't place. "Well if you like, we can come back in a few years."

"No. No, that's all right. You're just, not exactly what I expected." He said, looking at the others. His eyes landed on a woman in a purple dress and remained there. One of the boys noticed this.

"Neither are you." He imputed.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." Trufflehunter said quite smartly.

You took this time to look everyone else over. Starting on the right, Queen Lucy. She was shorter than you and wore a mostly red dress. Her medium length brown hair was mostly down and she carried a dagger and her famous cordial. Standing next to her was Queen Susan. She wore a long purple dress, a necklace and her hair was mostly down as well. She carried her bow and arrows. To the right of her, stood King Edmund. He wore blue, and held his sword. His dark hair was just above his brown eyes. Standing to the right of him was a familiar dwarf. You smiled. "Trumpkin, I presume?"

He looked at you and nodded. "Your friends were quite worried about you. Thank you for your sacrifice. If it hadn't been for you, we would have gotten caught."