Chapter 12 - The Goodbye

Back at the castle, a parade was being held. Men, women, and children lined up on the sides as Caspian rode through on Destrier, Aslan walking on his right. Behind Caspian was Peter, and Susan next to him. Behind her was Edmund, and behind Peter was Lucy. They all rode horses, looking regal. You walked behind them all, with Trumpkin, Doctor Cornelius, fauns, centaurs, and other creatures walking with you. You felt something rub against your leg and you looked down, seeing the same tiger from before. You smiled as you scratched the top of its head making him purr and lean into you. You looked ahead and saw rose petals being thrown in front of your friend, as they continued their trek to the castle.

When it finally got dark, they set off fireworks, in honor of Miraz's defeat, and the new King taking over. The coronation took place, and everyone cheered when he was crowned.

The next morning rolled around, and you hurriedly got dressed, rushing out of your room. You wore a long f/c dress that brushed around your legs wherever you went. You had left your hair down, though it was slightly styled to the side. You turned a corner and stopped abruptly seeing a form. You looked up slightly and saw brown eyes staring into your e/c ones. You both stood there in silence for a moment, until you bowed your head and picked up the front of your skirt slightly.

"Excuse me." You told the King politely, walking around him, hair and dress flowing behind you. Edmund turned and watched you leave, looking at your form until it disappeared around a corner. Edmund sighed softly before he continued on his original path.

You ran outside into the bright morning, and hurried down the steps, seeing Caspian emerge from a room, closing the door behind him. You smiled upon seeing your best friend.

"Caspian!" You called. He looked up at you and smiled as well.

"Y/n!" He greeted. You reached the last step and smiled up at him. He wrapped his arms around you in a hug. You welcomed his warm embrace.

"How does it feel to be King?" You asked once he released his hold on you.

"So far, nothing's really changed except of a heavy weight of duty on my shoulders." He admitted. "And everyone treats me better, so that's nice." He added with a smile. You laughed with him and you shook your head. You walked forward a couple paces but stopped, upon seeing Caspian halt his own movements. You looked at your friend, and followed his line of sight.

You could see Peter and Susan walking along either side of Aslan. Susan had her hair curled, and she wore a blue dress, with white sleeves. Peter wore blue as well, though it was a tunic. Caspian watched for a few more seconds before beginning to turn away.

"Your majesty." Aslan spoke. Caspian turned back, looking at the big beast. You didn't fail to notice his eyes flickered to Susan more than once.

"We are ready. Everyone has assembled." Caspian spoke. There was silence for a moment before Caspian turned around and jogged back up the steps. You watched Aslan walk away with Susan and Peter before following Caspian. You jogged to catch up with him.

"Are you alright?" You asked, a concerned frown set upon your face.

"I will be." He answered dismissively. You stopped your movements and watched him disappear around a corner. You frowned. He's never been that cold to me, you thought. This must really be taking a toll on him, you concluded. You stood there for a few more moments before following him.

He was right. Everyone was there. It was a bit crowded as you made your way through the people, taking your place next to Caspian. There was a tree behind him. The Pevensies stood to his left, Aslan, Trufflehunter, Trumpkin, Reepicheep, Doctor Cornelius, the bear, and Glenstorm to his right.