Chapter 11-The Lion

Peter gained a horrified expression as he looked around. He turned back to Caspian and shook his head. Caspian looked around hurriedly.

Meanwhile, you crawled out from underneath the griffon's wing.

"Thank you." You whispered. "Are you alright?" You asked. The griffon nodded and you smiled.

"Your wing will be alright in time." You assured. You gave him a quick pat on the head and stood, wincing and stumbling. You looked ahead, and noticed the Telmarine soldiers were moving forward, and they were thinning out. Of course, the Narnians were as well. You drew your bow and managed to shoot off a couple arrows.

Caspian looked up after slaying a man, and noticed that the men in the backs of the lines were being diminished. He tilted his head in confusion, and ran a little to the left, killing some Telmarines. He peered over the top and noticed the griffon laying on the ground. His eyes trailed a little to the right and he noticed that you were shooting the men in the back. His eyes widened as he grinned.

"Y/n!" He shouted. Peter, Susan, and Edmund all turned to him, and followed his line of sight. Caspian ran forward, killing several Telmarines on his way there. The Pevensies shared a look and chased after him. Caspian reached you and pulled you into a bone-crushing hug. You groaned. He set you down and looked you over, now seeing the cuts and bruises littering your skin.

"I'm fine." You assured, before he got the chance to say anything. "Believe me, it could have been a lot worse. I got lucky." You said. The Pevensies ran up.

"I'm glad you're okay." Susan said, walking forward. Peter stepped up, too.

"You really gave us a fright." He assured. Edmund simply gave a polite nod. You gestured behind you.

"He hurt his wing, but it'll be fine in a few weeks." You informed. Caspian smiled again and grabbed your arms, pulling you into him. He gave you a quick kiss on the top of your head and patted your shoulder, before heading off again, Susan following.

"It's good to have you back." Peter said, honestly. You smiled at him and nodded. Peter nodded back and chased after Caspian and Susan. Your gaze moved to Edmund. He was looking you over.

You stared back at him, slightly confused. His eyes came to meet yours before he gave you a curt nod and turned around, drawing his sword again. You raised an eyebrow and shook your head, notching another arrow.

The battle continued. Telmarines were still marching forward, ever pressing on. Reepicheep ran into the crowd of them, and you saw a few fall over. You turned and saw two men advancing on Caspian. Your friend backed up, and fell over a body on the ground, disappearing in a hole.

"Caspian!" You shouted. You quickly shot down the two men and tried to make your way over, but you couldn't get through. Centaurs and fauns leapt onto the raised shields of the Telmarines, making them collapse under their weight. You ducked underneath swords that clashed above you, and slid between fights. You leaned over the edge, seeing Caspian on the ground, General Glozelle standing over him, with the point of a spear being held at him. You watched as the General's features softened, and he lowered the spear, only to be grabbed by some roots of a living tree. He was yanked upwards, bashed into the cliff a couple times, and then dropped. You weren't sure if he was still alive or not. You reached a hand down to help Caspian up, when a body bumped into you, sending you over the edge as well. You rolled and landed next to Caspian. You looked up at him.

"Hey." You greeted. He smiled at you and stood, helping you to your feet as well. You winced on the way up.

"Are you alright?" He asked. You nodded.