Chapter 8-The Dark Before the Dawn

When you arrived at Aslan's How, everyone dismounted as Lucy ran out. Several Narnians stood, watching. Peter and Caspian traveled in front. The tension was thicker than the scales of a dragon. Peter was clearly enraged.

"What happened?" Lucy asked, innocently.

"Ask him." Peter answered, nodding his head towards Caspian.

"Peter." Susan scolded.

"Me?" Caspian asked. "You could have called it off. There was still time."

"No there wasn't, thanks to you." Peter said, turning to fully face your friend. "If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might still be alive right now."

"If you stayed here like Y/n and I suggested, they definitely would be."

"You called us, remember?"

"My first mistake."

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people." Peter spoke, beginning to walk away.

"Hey!!" Caspian shouted. "I am not the one who abandoned Narnia."

"Or who led those men to their deaths." You added.

"You invaded Narnia." Peter said, pointing an accusatory finger. "You have no more right to lead it than Miraz does."

Caspian began striding towards the tomb, tired of this, but Peter was far from done.

"You, him, your father! Narnia's better off without the lot of you!"

Caspian let out a shriek and they both drew their swords, pointing them at one another.

"Stop it!" Edmund yelled. They both turned and saw Glenstorm and Edmund place Trumpkin on the ground. Trumpkin. You'd forgotten about him in the excitement. Lucy and Trufflehunter ran forward. Lucy dropped to her knees and pulled out her cordial. You turned around and saw Caspian walk into the tomb, Nikabrik behind him. You stood and walked past Peter, making sure to bump his shoulder with yours. He sent you a glare but you ignored him.

You had made it half way to the tomb when you got a flashback of the man's face of which you'd slaughtered. You stutter-stepped and leaned against the doorway, hand on your head. You squeezed your eyes shut, hoping to force the image out of your mind. You shook your head to try to heal it from this poison, and entered the cave.

You sat down, leaning against the wall, resting your head against it. You closed your eyes and saw the man again. Your eyes shot open and you stood, walking around the corridors to clear your mind. You heard shouting and felt a cold gust of wind. You let out a shaky breath and realized you could see it. Your eyebrows furrowed. Something wasn't right. You turned a corner and saw Caspian, Nikabrik, and two figures you didn't recognize standing before a sheet of ice. Inside the ice, was the White Witch.

"Wait." Caspian said, backing up. "This isn't what I wanted."

The creature to his left grabbed him and held his arm out.

"One drop of Adam's blood and you free me. Then I am yours, my King." The Witch spoke. The creature to Caspian's right drew a knife.

"No." Caspian said. The creature drug the blade along his hand, ignoring his pleas. The White Witch brought her hand through the ice, awaiting Caspian's move.

"Caspian! No!" You shouted, running in the room.

"Stop!" Another voice shouted. You turned around and noticed Peter rush into the room, Trumpkin and Edmund following, drawing their swords.