Chapter 1 - It Begins

Charles pov

We are getting close.

I can see the tips of the towers in the distance. I am about to enter Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry for the first time. I can hardly contain my excitement!

As Madame Maxime starts checking everyone is here, I remember that I will be the odd one out at Hogwarts. As the only boy in the last 100 years to go to beaux batons that has managed to stick with the school until they are at least 15, I will be seen somewhat as an oddity. Unfortunately, this is only going to contribute to the problems I will have anyway. Being part vela means that many people seem to have problems controlling themselves around me. However, as a Delacour it is expected of me to stay prim and proper.

I know very well that my sister fleur is the most likely to become champion for Beuxbatons, it's pretty much guaranteed. She doesn't talk to me much. Of course, I wish she did, I desperately want to have a closer relationship with my twin sister. Fleur hates me and our younger sister is highly influenced by her and tries to imitate her in many ways. Though I am much closer with Gabrielle than fleur we are not perfect. I love my family but they tend to forget about me.

Obviously, I am in the same year as fleur and this upsets her greatly. Many of her friends assume I have crushes on them and they like to argue over who I will ask out first. It won't be any of them because I'm not interested in any of them, I'm gay. Of course, nobody knows this or id be even more of an outcast.

Madame Maxime yells my name in her heavily accented voice breaking me out of my daydream;

"FOR THE LAST TIME CHARLES DELACOUR", at this phrase my twin sister cringes. She glares at me from across the carriage.

"Yes Madame?"

"Did you hear any of what I just said?"

"No Madame, I'm very sorry"

"I asked if you were planning on walking at the front or back of our entrance procession"

It felt like she wanted me to say the back so I did.

Hogwarts is getting bigger and closer.

Thank you for choosing to read my story. I really hope you enjoy this book.
Love Mooney xxx