chapter 16 - the dance (not rewritten)

But first... I feel like I owe you lot an apology. I haven't written in over a month. I actually feel bad, I considered posting on Christmas but I seem to be having a large amount of writers block so I am truly very sorry if this chapter is shitty but I have a reason so here we go....

Scarlett pov
The dance was so much fun. Everyone had made an effort and looked great. I danced all night and my empath senses were going insane I could give all the names of people who were feeling elated or furious. But Charlie and Kai kept sitting down and being boring, George was being especially annoying trying to convince me that he was Fred. He honestly thinks I'm gonna fall for it.

The next day
I am super tired. It was awesome last night. George is trying to make fred believe I can't tell them apart and that I kissed him, no one believes him ofcourse. It is funny to see him try though.
I wonder how Kai and Charles are.

I'm gonna try something. A pov change

Charles pov
Kai was being wierd. I don't know what is up with him lately. It's like he hates me or something. I had to ask.
"Kai"
"Hhmmm"
"What is wrong?"
He suddenly sat up straight and said something completely unexpected,
"I don't think this is gonna work"
"What are you on about?"
"I...um.....I think we should break up"
And with that I ran. Straight into a supposedly empty classroom. Nope. Dramione sure is going well. And to another abandoned classroom I go. Scarlett and Fred talking. Oh joy an empath is exactly what I need right now. She said hi without even seeing me. Then proceeded, "What is wrong Charlie, all I sense is confusion, anger and......  heartbreak?"
I had to sit down.
"Kai..... he.. he.."
"The little shit, he left you didn't he"
"Yes"
She got up and stormed off, presumably to yell at Kai or get reinforcements. Fred said goodbye and ran after her yelling at her to 'bloody well stop before someone dies' leaving me to wallow in self pity. Honestly though what is wrong with him. Why would he do this?

Third person and later that day
Scarlett shoved Kai into the common room. She was not impressed with his actions. She began yelling drawing a small crowd. Francesca was holding her arms as she berated him. Yes it hurt her to make others upset but this, she felt was necessary. Charles stumbled through the entrance to the common room. He turned away from Kai the second he saw him and calmed Scarlett down. Scarlett was then escorted up to the girls dorms by Francesca and Grace, who had managed to slip by unseen. Charles was left with Kai.

Charles pov
Kai was standing in front of me. I didn't look at him. I was angry. He had hurt me in so many ways. I could not believe it when he spoke.
"Charlie I am sorry"
"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE CHARLIE ME"
"I'm sorry Charles"
"Why?"
"I hurt you, or so it would seem"
"You fucked up bad Kai "
"It's for the best really"
"Maybe"
"Friends?"
"After a bit of time"
"Okay"
He finished the conversation then. I had to leave. I yelled goodnight to the girls upstairs and left.

Okay then. If you did love chai then I truly am sorry, so did I. But the real kai insisted that it would never work out between them so here we are. I love you guys and i am sorry for not updating sooner. So I drew Charles as an apology, he's at the top.
Love Mooney xxx