Prologue

Nya's POV

"I'm a monster!" my older brother sits in front of me, knees tucked to his chest. He runs his hands through his hair rapidly.

"Kai," I try to walk towards him, but he moves away.

"Please get away from me Nya. I...I don't want to hurt you," he moves his hands to behind his back.

"You won't hurt me."

"Of course you'd say that," he sighs. "I'm sorry I ruined your birthday sis. It was supposed to be your special ninth birthday, but I had to go and..."

"My birthday was so awesome! I got to hang out with my favorite person in the whole wide world all day. It's cool that you shot fire out of your hands," I sit criss cross in front of him. He barely looks up at me.

"It might happen again. It could hit you," he warns me, trying to move away more.

"I'm strong enough."

"You're not fireproof, Nya. We already lost mom and dad. I can't loose you too because I accidentally launched a fireball at you."

"K.K," I use my nickname for him,"I can't loose my brother. I trust you not to hurt me."

"But I don't trust myself," after he says that, there's a loud crash. Both of us look up.

"I'll go check it out. Don't move," he commands me, standing up slowly. He glances down at his hands before heading into the front room of the blacksmith shop. I move a chair over to the little window in between here and there and stand on top of it. Still, I can barely see into the room. My brother has a sword in his hand, walking up to the man who walked in to the shop. He is facing away from me, but I can see that he has a big stick.

"Get out of my shop," my brother tries to seem intimidating, but he's only 11. The man, who is very old, turns around, showing off his long white beard.

"You must be Ray's son. I see the fire inside of you just like it was in him. Your name is Kai, right?" the guy stays the same distance away from my brother. The mention of fire makes Kai step back.

"L-leave!"

"Your dad was one of my best friends. Kai, I want to help you. You aren't safe here," he warns my brother, taking a gentle step closer.

"I want to stay here," Kai whimpers.

"The EMPA is coming for you. If we leave now, we can still beat them," he tells my brother, urging him to go.

"What's the EMPA?" my brother asks with fear in his voice.

"The Elemental Masters Protection Agency."

"That doesn't sound bad."

"Kai, since you can control fire, they're going to lock you up in a society away from Ninjago and make your powerless for the rest of your life. We can leave and hide from them."

"I...can control fire?" Kai looks down at his hands.

"With training, yes. If they get you, you'll never be able to."

"Can Nya come with us?" my brother looks back at the door into this room.

"That would put her in danger. They'd assume she was one too and take her. We must leave her here," the man says, making me sad, but Kai would never leave without me.

"If we go fast enough..."

"I tried to save another boy around your age from EMPA a couple of months ago. He begged to bring along his parents, so I let him. That made us slower, and they caught us. Now, Jay is trapped just like you'll be if we don't hurry," the man starts to walk towards the door.

"Okay I'll go," Kai drops the sword. "What's your name?"

"Wu."

"No Kai, you can't leave," I put my hand on the glass in between me and my brother.

"Let's get going Kai. We have a long journey ahead of us to reach home."

"But this is my home."

"Your new home."

A/N:

Hey guys. This is going to be my first Ninjago story. (I have another account for all of my other fandoms). I hope you enjoyed chapter 1.

If you didn't understand what just happened, before the chapter happened, Kai shot fire out of his hands. He was scared and didn't know what happened. Then, Wu came and got him to protect him with people that were going to take him away because of his powers, leaving Nya alone at the blacksmith shop.

So yeah. I really hope you guys liked it.

Vote, comment, and share :)