Chapter 11

Skylor's POV

"My favorite girl is back!" I cheer as Nya walks through the door. She has a smile stretching across her face. "And is very happy."

"I'm just having a good day," she shrugs, the smile still evident on her face.

"Hang out with a special someone?" I hint at the idea. She shakes her head.

"Nope. I just made a cool invention," I perk up at her words.

"Invention?"

"Yeah, it's a hobby of mine," she lies down on her bed. I close my computer and join her, lying beside her.

"Where is this invention?" I roll over to look at her. Her eyes widen at the question. "In a little hidden room in the forest built by a certain blue eyed boy?" I whisper.

"W-what?" she plays dumb.

"You aren't as sneaky as you think. I know that every day, around 1:35, you leave to go hang out with Jay in his little room and come back at sunset," I tell her. She shoves her head in her pillow.

"How long have you known?" she groans.

"Since the second day when you claimed you weren't hanging out. Come on Nya, I'm the master of sneaking around. You really thought you could fool me?" I ask. She rolls to face me.

"Are you mad at me?" she questions back. I shake my head.

"Why would I be mad? You wanted your private time. I know how it feels," I tell her realistically.

"You're the best. You guys make me feel like I have a whole little family in here," her eyes shine with joy.

"You guys?"

"You, Cole, and Jay," she answers.

"In your little family, what am I? The mom? Cause trust me, I don't want to be the mom," I laugh, making her laugh.

"No, you're definitely not the mom. You're like... the cool older sister," she admits, making me smile.

"And Cole?"

"He's like my twin brother even though he's so much older than me."

"And Jay?" after I ask that, she purses her lips and pauses.

"I...I honestly don't know," she answers seemingly honestly. At her hesitance, I smirk to myself.

"Is he a brother too?"

"No, I've had a brother, and Jay and I interact differently. I don't know how to explain it."

"Number one, you have a brother and you didn't tell me! How dare you. Is he hot?"I ask her with a laugh. She shakes her head.

"I'm not answering that for so many reasons," she puts her hands up to her temples.

"Number two, I think the way to explain it is having a massive crush on him," I inform her. Her eyes widen.

"I do not have a crush on him. Yeah, he's really nice to me, but he only sees me like a little sister," she tells me as if she can't see the way Jay looks at her. From the moment he saw her, all he could look at when she was around was her.

"Nya, have you ever had a real crush besides Jay?" I ask her seriously.

"Well in the seventh grade..." she starts.

"So you haven't," I interrupt her. "Take it from the master. I can tell you like Jay," I inform her. She laughs.

"Skylor, you've liked one boy your whole life," she tells me. I shrug.

"But, I've also liked this boy for a long time, so it's extra valid," I explain. "And I know how much you don't want to admit you like them, because it's not allowed," she looks up at me,"but take it from me that when you finally do admit it, it's light a weight lifted off your shoulders."

"I like Jay," she sighs,"a lot." Her admitting makes me smile.

"That's the spirit," I cheer her on.

"He's nice, and funny, and he doesn't care that I'm not super girly. He likes me for who I am. He doesn't judge me for inventing. He invents with me. When I look into his eyes, I lose my breath. I felt bold today, so I went over and hugged him, and he hugged me back, and we sat there for a while with me in his arms, and I felt so safe," she starts ranting, and I smile at how passionate she is.

"Is that why you were smiling when you walked in?" she nods in response.

"But I don't want to mess our friendship up," she admits.

"After knowing Jay for as long as I do, even if he didn't like you back, which he totally does by the way, it wouldn't change anything," I inform her. She sighs and nods.

"On another note, what were you doing on you laptop today?" Nya questions. I smile.

"Doing research to try to find information on why Harumi isn't actually the next heir to the throne," I inform her, and her eyes widen.

"How are you going to manage to do that?"

"No clue, but I'm doing research on Garmadon for hints," I explain. She looks confused.

"Who's Garmadon?" she asks, making me frown.

"You don't know who Garmadon is?" I question. She shakes her head.

"Sounds vaguely familiar, but no," Nya tells me.

"A long time ago, the first spinjitzu master had two sons, one of them being Garmadon. When he was young, Garmadon was bitten by the Great Devourer, beginning his transformation to evil. He tried to hold off as long as he can, but his elemental power of destruction mixed with the venom was two powerful. He went on a path of rage and desctruction 18 years ago.

In the process, he made everyone fear elemental masters and made people believe our power is too strong to be held back, which in my opinion is stupid because everyone lived in peace for a while but oh well. Garmadon's brother disappeared and all of the elemental masters started getting captured and put into here. Several years later, Harumi's father came back claiming to be Garmadon's brother and heir to the throne. They let him and his family in," I inform her.

"That's crazy," Nya admits. I nod.

"I'm just hoping to find some crack to disprove her," I sigh.

"You'll do it. I believe in you."

A/N sorry if there's typos I didn't read over it sorry this is short but I'm tired goodnight keep commenting I love to read them

Any theories?