Chapter 19

*the next day*

Juliet's POV

"So, I just found out from Skylor that you and the princess use to be a thing," I casually bring up while Lloyd, and I sit in the lobby. He groans in disgust.

"I regret that so much," he admits. I raise an eyebrow.

"Really, because Skylor made it sound like you guys really had a thing," I tell him.

"Well, I thought what I had with her was real and genuine, but she manipulated and bribed me to get her way. I could never really trust her," he goes on a baby rant, his eyes lit up with passion.

"This is kind of off topic, but you'd make a good leader," I bring up what I've thought for a while. He has a good way with words, is kind, and is passionate about everything he does.

"Thank you," he smiles.

"Practically the opposite of Harumi. If she gets to the throne, Ninjago will probably fall. She has poor financial skills, taxes cities more because she feels like it, and just bosses people around. We actually were friends before her family claimed the throne. She pretends like she doesn't know me though," I go on a rant, and when I look up, Lloyd is smiling.

"By any chance, do you know if she found her husband yet?" he asks me. I shake my head.

"When I came in here, it didn't really seem like she was putting in an effort. I really don't know what she's doing," I inform him. He nods, then sighs.

"Can I tell you something? I've only talked to Kai about it, but it worries me," Lloyd looks distressed. I nod.

"Of course," I respond softly. He sighs.

"So for each elemental master, the inherit their powers directly from either their parents or grandparents. Who did you get your powers from?" he starts.

"My dad. His powers transferred to me," I answer.

"So you got your power of emotions from your dad. I don't know who my dad is, but I know that it came from his side because my mom's side has none. I tried to figure out who he was by looking in the records for my element, but there weren't any," he tells me. My eyes widen. He bites his lip.

"What?"

"No one else ever had my power before me, which is scary. What does that even mean? Was my dad an elemental master, or was I just given powers through a fluke?" he asks the question to both himself and me. I shrug.

"I don't know, but it's further evidence that you're extraordinary."

---

Jay's POV

Nya and I sit in the lobby together. Now that Cole knows, we're fine to hang out together, but we just can't break the physical affection rule. Both of us are still upset with him, however.

"What are we supposed to do, Jay? That was our ticket out," she asks me quietly, but there's still a lot of sadness in her voice.

"I don't know. We were so close," I respond with the same despair in my voice. The whole time, I was getting more and more excited to see my mom and dad. Now, they're both out of reach once again.

The elevator door opens, and Cole walks out alone. When he sees the two of us, he walks over and sits down.

"I know you two look at me like I'm the bad guy," he admits, observing how the two of us are both glaring at him,"but you guys have no place to be mad with me."

"Excuse me," Nya snaps,"we had our chance out of here."

"You think they won't go after you? They'll get you back here, dead or alive. You're more safe in here than out there. I just saved you guys pain," he explains his point of the story, which does make sense.

"We weighed our options. We'd rather work our butts off out there than be in here, and it wasn't your right to make that decision for us," I inform him, leaning forward, my elbows propped on my knees.

"You guys were breaking the rules. You guys can't get mad at me for breaking your machine, especially when you made it so easy to follow you guys. You're lucky I followed you and not a guard." Both Nya and I sit there in silence.

"Did you tell everyone about us?" Nya asks. Cole laughs.

"Nope. I wouldn't want to hurt either of you guys," he stands up, putting his hands in his pockets. "Jay, when you're ready to talk to me, I really want my best friend back."

"I'm sorry Cole. We were both worked up, and I should have been honest with you about us," I apologize, gesturing between Nya and me. He smiles.

"Apology accepted, and Nya, all you had to tell me was that you weren't interested when I was obviously flirting with you 24/7. I got my hopes up," he takes a pause in his words. "Well I'm going to go, see you guys later," he waves and walks away.

"Now that that's taken care of, we have to figure out what to do about the machine."

A/N short chapter but oh well

How was your guy's thanksgiving? Mine was normal, but it was raining a lot

I have the name and description (or at least a draft of it) for my new story done. If you guys want, I can post it in the authors note next chapter

I know I already asked this (no one responded) but what music do you guys like? 

Have a nice day