Chapter 13

Nya's POV

"No way, you use to be a performer!" I laugh as Cole and I walk back from the gym. He smiles at me and nods.

"Yep, singing, dancing, all of it," he announces.

"Sing for me please."

"No, I'm good," he brushes me off.

"Please," I beg. He looks at me and sighs.

"I'll always be waiting for you. So you know how much I need you. But you never even see me, do you," he sings. I start clapping.

"That was so good," I compliment him. He smiles.

"Thank you."

"You don't peg me as the singing type," I admit. He shrugs.

"I'm off stereotype I guess," we walk into the lobby, and there Juliet is, in the exact same spot, reading her magazine.

"I have someone I want you to meet," I grab Cole's wrist and pull him over to Juliet.

"Nya, you're back," she smiles.

"Juliet, this is Cole. Cole, this is Juliet," I introduce the two. "I have to go upstairs and shower, but you two can talk. Have fun!"

---

Cole's POV

I watch Nya walk away with a look of admiration on my face. She has so much confidence it's insane, in the best way. Once the elevator door closes, my thoughts are interrupted.

"So you like Nya?" Juliet asks. My head automatically whips in her direction.

"What?" I ask.

"You like Nya. I can tell by how you look and her and can't take your attention off of her," she states as if she knows for sure.

"N-no I don't," I stutter, which makes her roll her eyes.

"I can read people. You like her. Do you think she likes you back?" Juliet asks. I shrug.

"I have no clue. I get vibes sometimes, but I don't know. She only talks to Skylor and I thought, so I have a good chance. Do you know who Skylor is?" I ask her. She nods.

"She seemed cool," she shrugs.

"Do you think Nya likes me, considering you can 'read people'?" I ask her. A look of contemplation crosses her face.

"She likes you as a person, but I don't know if she likes you how you like her. She's hard to read. She enjoys being around you though," she informs me, which makes me smile.

"Hey, that's good. Maybe I can work some Cole magic," I crack my knuckles. "Thank you."

"Anytime."

---

Nya's POV

I open the door to my bedroom and walk in. I automatically see Skylor, hands folded in front of her, facing the door. Her expression is serious.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask her. She sighs.

"I think you're ready. I was waiting to know if I could fully trust you, but I think I can," she looks up at me. "Can you sit down?" Wearily, I take the seat next to her.

"What's this about?" I ask her. She sighs.

"If given the chance, would you get out of here?" Skylor asks me. I think to myself.

"I'd miss you and Jay and..." I start before Skylor interrupts me.

"You could take us with you. If you could go out and be free, would you?" she asks. I nod.