Chapter 14

Cole's POV

I lie on my bed facing up towards the ceiling. With every day that goes by, I think Nya starts to like me more and more. Even though Juliet told me she wasn't sure today, I can feel it.

Zane is next to me, sitting on the couch, reading something from a book. Our room is an odd combination. His side is completely orderly and neat while mine is a disheveled mess.

There is a loud knock at the door, so I look over at Zane to see if he's getting up. He doesn't even flinch. I groan and slide my feet over the side of the bed. Once I reach, the door, I open it to see Lloyd in a green hoodie and jeans.

"Have you guys seen Kai? We were supposed to hang out today," he glances around the interior of our room, where he is nowhere to be found.

"Did you check his room?" I ask him. He nods.

"Yep, neither him or Jay were in there. I've texted him, but he hasn't replied," he glances down at his phone worriedly.

"Kai's fine. He probably forgot and went out with Skylor or something," I tell Lloyd. "What else could he possibly be doing?" He shrugs in response. "Exactly."

"You're right," he sighs. "Do you want to go look for him?"

"Why not? I have nothing better to do," I grab a grey jacket from off the ground and put it on. The two of us leave, me closing the door behind me, and head down to the lobby. As we walk by, Juliet is still sitting there like earlier.

"Juliet!" I try to get her attention as we walk over. Her head slowly lifts from the magazine she's reading. She's leaning back against the couch and has her feet kicked up on the small table in front of her.

"Back so soon?" She jokes before looking over at Lloyd. "Who's your friend?"

"I'm Lloyd," he introduces himself.

"Juliet," she shakes his hand with an impressed look on her face. "What do you guys need?"

"We were wondering if you saw Kai go by," I tell her. She bites her lip quickly, thinking back.

"He came through a while ago with Jay. Jay looked really concerned. Kai seemed confused," she tells us what she observed.

"By any chance, did Skylor walk through around then?" Lloyd asks. She looks over at him.

"She came through a few minutes earlier with Nya. This time, she looked concerned, and Nya looked confused," Juliet states what she saw. When she says that, an idea pops in my head that makes my eyes widen.

"Skylor is telling Kai she doesn't want to see him anymore," I say the idea out loud. Both Juliet and Lloyd look confused.

"How did you conclude that?" Juliet asks, seeming amused by the accusation.

"Well, Skylor told Jay, so she couldn't back out, and she wanted Nya there to comfort her afterwards," I shrug. The two of them shake their heads.

"Or, it was a coincidence, and they're hanging out separately," Juliet suggests.

"Let's just go look for them," Lloyd suggests. "Do you want to join us?" He offers to Juliet.

"Sure, I've got nothing else to do," she stands up, putting her magazine down. She picks up her phone from on the table and slides it in her pocket. She has a galaxy case. "How long have you two known each other?" she asks. As I open my mouth to answer, Lloyd talks.

"5 years. I met Cole shortly after he got here," he tells her. I walk in front of them, looking around while they stroll behind me.

"How long have you been in here?"

"7 years, so since I was ten," we all walk through the streets, the two of them walking and talking behind me while I look for any of the four people Juliet said she saw.

"Well, we've looked at the movie theater, the roller rink, the cafe, the pool, the clothing store, and the bowling alley," I sigh.

"Why don't we check the park?" Lloyd suggests.

"If they're not there, I'm going back to my room and taking a nap," I announce. The three of us start our way to the park.

"You can make people fall asleep!" Lloyd says in astonishment. She laughs.

"Yep. I can send signals into their brains to mass produce melatonin. They get extremely tired and fall asleep," she explains it to him. In the distance, I can see a scarlet ponytail next to a mess of brown hair.

"There they are," I say, pointing over to the fountain. Lloyd and Juliet look over, and spot them.

"Looks like your theory was wrong," Lloyd says. The three of us start to walk over. Once we get close enough, we can hear their conversation.

"I never meant to hurt her," he tells Skylor, looking down. Once we get close enough, I can see the tears falling down his face. Lloyd can tell too because he pushes past me to get to Kai.

"What happened?" he asks Skylor. Lloyd and Kai have always had a strong bond. Lloyd looks up to Kai, and Kai takes care of Lloyd. At first, they didn't get along (according to Jay) but they quickly resolved those issues.

"Nya..." Kai drifts off, still crying. My eyes widen, and I step forward.

"What happened to Nya?" I ask strongly. Skylor glares at me, rubbing Kai's shoulders.

"She's my sister," he tells me, and my eyes widen, and so do Lloyd's. He squats down to be at Kai's level.

"If you guys found each other, then why are you sad?" Lloyd asks softly.

"I left her to try to protect her, but she interprets it as I ditched her. When we saw each other, she got upset and cried and ran away," he cries, and my attention perks.

"Where is she?" I ask them. Skylor glares at me.

"None of your business. She's fine," she snaps before turning back towards Kai with concern on her face.

"It is my business. I need to make sure she's okay," I retort back. Her face becomes ablaze with anger. Lloyd is talking quietly with Kai, so I can't hear them.

"She's fine Cole. I know you want to swoop in and play Prince Charming, but she doesn't need to be saved," Skylor stands up before whispering something to Kai softly. He nods, and she walks over to me.

"Skylor stop," I tell her, but she ignores me.

"Cole, I'm going to need you to..."

"Nya probably went back to her room to cool down when we were walking around, Cole. She's most likely tired," Juliet says calmly from behind me. Skylor bites the inside of her cheek.

"Is that true?" I ask Skylor. She nods.

"And she turned her phone off to ignore my texts, cause she knew I'd try to convince her why she should forgive Kai," she tells me.

"Skylor, can you please come back over?" Kai asks her weakly, and her face melts.

"Of course," she gives me a glare before heading back over and saying something to Lloyd. Since Harumi has been gone, Lloyd's been more agreeable with everyone, and I think he's patched things up with Skylor.

"Lets head back Cole," Juliet suggests. "Lloyd and Skylor can help him. We can go to the movies so you can decompress." I almost decline, but I really do need some time.

"That's fine."

A/N happy almost thanksgiving guys. I'm going to be able to update more because I'm off school for a week

Thoughts on this chapter? It was kinda a filler but oh well