Chapter 8: A Blessing In Disguise

Elijah was on his phone, sitting by the couch on a comfy armchair while Shay was in the kitchen, getting herself something to eat. They were content.

Though, it was slightly alarming to Shay when the door suddenly burst open, Jordan running in. Elijah only just looked up, not even startled a little bit.

Jordan went to the kitchen, peeked in to notice Shay, then went straight to Elijah. She was fast-moving, expression focused on one thing in her mind as if it were in front of her and badly eager to leave.

"H-have you seen Alex?" She asked.

Elijah looked up again. He glanced at Shay, who overheard and dropped what she was doing to listen in. "Yeah. He left about an hour ago."

"Where?" The question didn't make a whole lot of sense, but Jordan didn't really care.

"I don't know. But I can tell you one thing," He stared to get a bit nervous."

"A-And what's that?"

Elijah then proceeded to tell her what he had told Shay. "But I am really sorry!"

"I-I-I-It's fine. I can find him."

"You sure? Want help?" Shay then jumped in.

"It's okay, h-he is my boyfriend, after all."

"Alright, well, call us if you need anything."

"Noted." She opened the door and left right away, beginning her journey.

Elijah looked at Shay, a bit of pain in his expression. Shay came over to him, and gave him a hug. "We'll resolve this."

:With Alex:

Alex pushed opened the cafe door, putting his phone in his pocket. He went straight to the counter to ask a dark-haired lady where Toluwase was. Toluwase has night black hair and purple streaks, this lady was definitely not her.

"Is Toluwase here?" His British accent turned "here" to "hera" in one syllable. (Or what it actually turns it into I honestly don't really know)

"No, can't help you, sir. She left about 30 minutes ago. But can I get you anything? Anything to eat? Drink?"

"Tea, would be nice."

"Alright, just take a seat somewhere." She turned and walked the other way to give the order.

Alex nodded and took a seat at his regular table, like muscle memory. He expected to be seated in an empty cafe, besides him and workers. But when he looked up, he saw a vaguely familiar face.

"O-oh sorry, I-I didn't see you sitting there." His face felt warm as he looked down and he stood up quickly, heart beating and scared about sweating nervously.

"Hey, it's you," said the guy, his smirk burning through Alex.

"W-What?" He was puzzled.

"The guy who rammed into me." He said slowly, crossing his legs and sitting back. It was Blondie.

"Well, y-you kinda rammed into me-"

"Why don't you sit?" Blondie interrupted, suspiciously kind, like a bully who is being nice. He went back to his previous position.

Alex sat back down, quickly pulled in his chair and was a bit scared.

Blondie put his hand out. Alex just stared at it, nervous. "Well, my hand can't stay there forever. SHAKE it!"

Out of fear, Alex reached out to shake it. "A-Alex. I'm Alex."

Blondie smirked again. After the handshake, he sat back. Then noticed Alex's discomfort. "Talk to me." He closed his eyes.

"A-about?"

"Why are you here?"

Nial then came and put the tea cup in front of Alex. "Thank you, ma'am." He did one downwards nod, assuring his response was sincere.

Blondie opened his eyes, and leaned forward. "Mr. Nice Guy, eh?" His blue eyes sparkled.

Alex felt his face warm. He said nothing.

"Why are you here today?"

"My friend had been really rude to me a-and no one was really being that nice and I didn't like it. I just couldn't take it anymore, so I came here." He didn't know why he was telling this stranger his problems, even though he almost did that exact thing earlier that day.

"Why here?"

"It's the only place I can go to be happy, I feel."

"Very funny."

Alex was a bit hurt.

"Because I can relate to that." He said quietly.

Alex's pain left immediately. He moved his chair closer to the table. "Hmm?"

"I-I like this place, too." His cheeks turned a light red. "But there's much better places, better than this tiny little cafe." Blondie looked around, then nodded, trying to prove his point.

Alex nodded. He knew he wasn't alone, then sipped his tea.

"What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a YouTuber, and I live in a house with 11 other YouTubers."

"I'm a YouTuber, too."

"Small world."

"So, You're British?"

"Is-is the accent not enough?" He asked, confused. Then sipped his tea again with a smile.

Blondie considered. "It was a hint." He winked. Alex smiled, and blushed. He looked down.

Blondie actually smiled a genuine smile instead of a smirk that's hard to read. Then it suddenly disappeared.

Alex looked up. "Something wrong?" He sipped his tea once again.

"Anyone ever tell you your hair is.."

"Is?" He was getting more nervous. The expression of this guy hurt a bit, the suspense and the loss of happiness, if there was ever any, together.

"Bad."

Alex was hurt. Truly hurt. Especially from someone who was nice to him, then out of the blue, started to act rude.

This guy was complicated.