Chapter 11: We're All Home

When Mary and Denis returned, they found Sub and Mili hitting each other with pillows.

"The best of friends," Mary smiled, putting her coat on the rack hung on the wall.

"These pillows are very soft," Sub commented, examining a pillow.

"They really are."

"We need to decide our future plans," Denis chinned in.

"Rather not," Mili stepping off the bed. "Another minute of talking and I may fall asleep."

Denis sighed. "It's kind of important."

"What could be more important than sleep?"

He considered. "Food." Mili was about to object when he spat out, "Mary and I will go to the airport to pick up Pierce and April. You two-" motioning towards Sub and Mili, "-will go home and we'll catch up. Deal?"

Mary raised her hand. When Denis acknowledged her, she put her hand down and asked, "When will this event occur?"

He checked his watch. "It's 8, so now."

They were a bit surprised, but no one had any other ideas, so they agreed. They got their suitcases and headed out.

After checking out of the hotel, they went their separate ways.

:Airport:

The air was cool and only a light jacket was
needed. As the sun began to set, they had reached comfy chairs in front of a big window that showed the plane. A door to the side of it let people inside from the plane, and Denis and Mary looked out for the two.

"I'll look for April, you look for Pierce." Denis announced another one of his plans.

"Alright." Once again, she had nothing better; so she stuck with it.

People came out, pouring into the building. April and Pierce were no where to be found.

"See them?" Mary asked.

Denis shook his head. "Nope." He went on his tipie-toes, even though he practically was one of the tallest people there.

Then they first appeared, Mary saw them first. She went into the crowd after them, and Denis looked at her with confusion written all over his face. Then when he saw where she was going, he nodded, his face more relaxed, and slowly followed, making his way through the crowd.

April gave Mary a big hug. "I missed you so much!"

"Missed you, too!" Mary then gave Pierce a side-hug, and Denis made it to the group.

After the greetings, they made their way out into the cold.

"Chilly," Pierce commented.

"It's getting there." Mary replied.

Then went home.

:House:

When they reached the house, April was the first in.

"We're home, people!" She very enthusiastically said, as the others entered afterwards.

Shay and Elijah sat on a small sofa by a bigger one that sat Sub, Mili, and Shelly. Braden sat in a comfy chair by the entrance to the kitchen. A dim lamp was lit in the corner and the TV was on as background noise.

"Where's Alex?" Pierce asked.

"Jordan called," Elijah started. "He's at a cafe drinking tea, apparently."

"Sounds like him."

"I'll help you guys with air mattresses and all that stuff," Shay offered as she got up. Pierce and April followed her through another entrance to another room, while Shelly and Braden said goodnight and disappeared.

Elijah stood up and was on his way to the kitchen. "I'm going to get something to drink, then go to bed. Goodnight, people." He continued on his way as they waved and said their goodbyes.

Mili yawned. "C'mon, Sub, lets go get a place to sleep from Shay." She grabbed the sleeve of his shirt and dragged him to the room Shay disappeared into moments earlier.

"Don't we need a place to sleep, too?" Mary asked.

"Yeah, we do." Denis realized. "Lets go."

An hour later, they were all sleeping peacefully. Thanks to Shay.

And then Alex got home.

:Next Morning:

Alex woke up in the morning to birds chirping and sunlight pouring through the shades. He rubbed his eyes with the side of his hands when his phone made a ding.

"Who's that?" Alex yawned. He picked the phone up to check.

:Textbox:

Mark: you wanna hang out today?

Alex: not right now, I have to record. Later

Mark: alright text me

Alex: will do :)

:Out Of Textbox:

So Alex got out of bed, got ready for the day and went right to recording. The familiarity of the desk comforted him, but he wasn't sure what he felt was nervousness or excitement.

And, if someone were watching, they'd say he was rushing.

:At the Cafe:

Toluwase walked in when Nial was there, working. She stopped in her tracks. Mel was cooking. She looked out the window, it was day. She checked her watch, it was morning.

"N-Nial?" She slowly walked over.

"Yeah?" Nial looked up and smiled by the counter.

"It's early. Why are you here?"

She fiddled with her hands. "I asked Mel for extra money. The only way I could get the money was working extra hours."

"Is this correct?" Toluwase looked up at Mel.

"Yep," he replied without even a glance.

"You good, Nial? You seem nervous." Toluwase asked with the sweetest voice, quiet enough for just Nial to understand the words. She noticed her fidgety hands with the slight awkwardly-tension in the air.

"Y-Yeah."

"You sure?" She put a hand on her elbow.

Nial glanced at the sudden touch. "Y-Yeah, I'm okay."

"Okay. Well. Talk to me if something is upsetting you," Toluwase comforted.

Nial hesitantly nodded. Toluwase replied with a smile, and then went to put her stuff away.

Once Toluwase was off, Nial sighed with relief.