Chapter 16: You're What?!

This chapter is a bit shorter, but it's important :)

At the cafe, Alex and Mark sat at their table, Toluwase opposite them. They talked and Toluwase apologized about her reaction. Mark held Alex's hand and Toluwase had her fingers linked.

"It'll take time for us all to get used to the fact that I'm gay,"

They all looked up to the door bell ringing.

Jordan had walked in. And even worse- she walked in when Alex said the last two words of his sentence.

Alex shot out of his seat after her, "N-nonononononononono Jordan let me expla-"

Jordan walked out, without another word. She looked hurt. Alex face palmed and mumbled, "Oh lordie lord."

:Sammy and Jake:

By the time Sammy and Jake were done seeing the animals, Jake had gone from timid and scared to bold and expressive. Sammy was proud of him. And though they barely knew each other, he enjoyed listening to Jake talk.

Sammy had texted Maryssa and Albert and told them he'd meet them at home. So when they got home, Sammy walked in and yelled, "I'm hoooooomeeeeeeeee!"

Jake was with him, and had become a little more scared after hearing footsteps upstairs from Albert. Sammy took his hand. "Don't be scared, they're my friends. Besides, we're avoiding them at all costs."

Jakes laugh followed by some blushing made Sammy smile and blush even more. He took him to the basement- which is the room he lives in.

"Ya like gaming?" Sammy asked.

Jake nodded.

"You're in luck," he tossed him a controller.

The two spent the next few hours playing on Sammy's PS4 until midnight, when Jake was half asleep.

"You tired?"

Jake nodded again.

"You can sleep on the bed. Goodnight," Sammy offered as Jake got up and went to the unmade bed behind the couch.

"Goodnight," Jake mumbled.

:2 hours later:

Sammy couldn't sleep. He spent a couple hours tossing and turning, not being able to get any rest. He sighed and sat up, glancing at Jake. He was sound asleep. Don't go over there, Sammy, he tried resisting.

But couldn't.

He started to get drowsy and fell asleep somewhere by his bed. All he could remember when he woke up an hour later was sitting up, not being able to sleep.

Sammy had sleep-walked to his bed. He woke up to himself laying by Jake, arm wrapped around him and head resting against his back. He tried to wake himself up more to move back to the couch, but his sleepiness has gotten the best of him.

When he woke up in the morning, Jake was back on the couch, playing games. Sammy stretched and yawned, getting Jakes attention.

He put the controller down and went to sit next to Sammy. He grasped his fragile hand.

Sammy chuckled.

"What?" Jake grinned.

"You're adorable."

Jake blushed. "Nah,"

"Mmm hmmm,"

He smiled. "I like you,"

"I like you, too."

:Upstairs:

Maryssa sat on her bed, waiting for the bathroom to be available. She scrolled through Twitter when she got a call from Jordan, one of her good friends. She's Alex's girlfriend and frequently busy.

"Yeah?"

"I need to get something off my chest," she respired.

"What's up?"

Jordan paused, and with a heavy sigh, reluctantly spoke, "I'm transgender,"