Chapter 5: Many Things Are Powerful

"Idiots," Zap muttered. "I don't know why you'd follow me."

"Hey," I protested. "We're not the ones whose Elements aren't down here."

"Because it's in the air," Zap replied. He kicked some sand. Apparently, it was a beach down here. A peninsula, to be exact. There's one direction of land that connects the Cliff to it.

"How do we get back up?" I asked.

"Well, as you've seen, not only can Quake control the earth under us, but the sand goes uphill from the east."

What he's saying is that Quake used his Elemental power to negate any initial damage from falling at such a height. He brought the ground up to where he was, so that he could bring it down to ground level. I, on the other hand, had dove for the water, and at the right time, I brought the water up into the wave so I could submerge myself down to sea level. I have increased breathing underwater, and one day, I will be immune to drowning.

"Anyways," Quake said, "why did you even come down here?"

"The view is nice," Zap said. "Also, I'm looking for different terrains to practice using Electric Elemental power."

"How's that going?"

"Not too bad," Zap admitted. "Though, it is difficult to spawn Electric EP from this height."

"So," I said, "when are we going back?"

"You two can go back whenever. I'm going to stay here for a bit."

"You sure?"

"Positive," he said.

"Alright then," Quake said. "See you, Zap."

"Bye."

I watched Quake. Neither one of them had seen me stay back, and once Quake had gone far, I called out to Zap, who had already gone out further. He didn't seem to have heard me, however, as he was concentrating deeply on what he was about to do. He began to raise one hand up. Taking a deep breath, he swiped his hand down, and a bolt of lightning struck the water, making it ripple with electric currents. After watching the outcome, he apparently had processed my voice, and so he suddenly looked to his right, at me. "Hey there. Sticking around?"

"Yes," I replied. "You have a point; it is a nice view, but I also do enjoy watching you pratice your Elemental Skills."

"Well," he said, "that's interesting. Now that you're here, could you help me with something? I had just wanted to try this out in case it ever happens."

"Sure. What do you need me to do?"

"Just bring a wave up towards me. That's right, bring it past the ocean and a couple feet in front of me." I did as he had requested. He shot lightning from his hands, and the water still began to fall, electricity coursing through it. "Magnificent view," he said. "Well, that's all I needed. Thanks." He began to walk back up towards the Cliff. I followed behind.

💧 Water Zone 💧

Like I said, I hadn't really talked to Flow until after the Corruption ended. Now, we talk everyday. Flow's pretty compatible with me, and we're always there for one another. I guess that's how partners were even assigned. I guess I never realized that.

And even though Elementals were given partners that were majorly compatible with them, why do they still go off liking other Elementals, and even those from different Elements?

This question was glued in my head for the entire day, and it made it hard to focus on anything else.

Zap and Angel like each other, as I can deduce, but Zap has a partner, Magnet, and Angel has a partner, Skull. It is true the Zap does spend a good amount of time with Magnet. Though, Angel rarely ever talks to Skull, likewise with Flow and me last year.

And even then, I still talk to Quake the most often.

Why do we act this way?

Why am I even thinking about this?

Why are feelings so powerful? They can rise up to the point where they control the actions, often leading someone blindly.

I can't speak from experience, but I do know enough to know that feelings are crazy strong.

In fact, a lot of things are strong. Very powerful indeed...