Chapter 14: Drill

I dreamt about having a conversation with Neutron.

Why Neutron? I first thought as I saw him. We were standing on the sky. No ground was beneath us. Just the sky. It was bright and blue, and the clouds flew past us. "Hey there, Pacifia," he said.

"Hi, Neutron," I replied. "How are you?"

"Fine, and you?"

"Good. What do you need from me?"

"It's not that I need something, but I wanted to talk to you. Are you worried about Zap?"

"Very," I said, forgetting that I was in a dream and instead was thinking about Zap.

"Well," he said, "along with your Earth Elemental friend that may help you, I've made a quick drill that can dig 20 feet down in a matter of seconds. It's large enough to fit around 25 clones of yourself, giving everyone at least a single centimeter of room. Come visit the Electric Zone some time. I'll show you it."

"That's interesting. Thanks, Neutron."

"Of course. Pleasant dreams." I then remembered that I was in a dream. I was still thinking about Zap, however, and soon enough, he was there, in front of me. "Don't worry," I heard him say. "I'll be fine for now. Take your time, there's no need to rush."

"We need to find you as soon as possible!" I said. "Who knows what they're capable of?"

"Quite a lot, it turns out. But a one on one isn't a challenge. For the time being, I'll be fine, though you do have a point. It'd be best if you came sooner than later."

"I miss you, Zap."

"It hasn't even been that long."

"Hey, um, is that you? You know, dreaming yourself?"

"In a fight against something like that, I don't have the time to sleep."

"You're right." His answer still didn't stop me from wrapping him in a hug. Whether we was just my dream or whatever, it still felt like it was actually him in my dream.

As we broke apart, he gave me a little smile. "Goodbye for now, Pacifia. Remember that the clock never stops ticking."

I woke with a start. Determined, I ran over to the Dark Zone.

💧 Cliff 💧

"I'd be mad if Zap wasn't gone."

"Look, I know that bringing you out here may have not been the best idea, but the Cliff calms me down, and though you're more of a Garden person, I want you to see the Cliff for a moment, and see how you feel."

"I will admit that it's calm..." Angel yawned. She leaned against my shoulder. "Still, I'm really tired... especially since that fight..." with those words, she slept. I guess she was really tired.

I slept right after, but not after getting another good look at the waves. Who would've known that Angel's head on my shoulder could drain my energy?

💧 Electric Zone 💧

"Hey, Neutron."

"Well, hi there, Pacifia! What brings you here?"

"I had a dream that you had some kind of fast driller?"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Something about how its area could fit 25 of me, and it would only take a few seconds to dig down 20 feet?"

"Well, precisely, it would be 26, but yes, that is my latest invention. And it was just done this morning."

"In my dream it told me that it might help find Zap."

"Was that a dream or a vision? Yeah, all that you mentioned fits the description of the drill perfectly. To use it, just press the button. The drill instantly shoots forward 20 feet, so used incorrectly, it could be a dangerous weapon. Be careful." What he gave me was a small pad with a small drill attached to the bottom. "This is great! Thanks, Neutron!"

"Of course. Bring back Zap for us, yeah?"

"You got it!"

I was feeling hopeful. I don't think those things can teleport, and they shouldn't have gone far from where they dived. At least, not by longitude.

I decided not to bring Quake into this. It was dangerous, and I didn't want him getting hurt. After getting Angel, we set out to the cave.

💧 Underground 💧

Bingo. Directly under the room was an even larger one. Those things were everywhere, but Zap wasn't here. Where could he be?

"Dig more?" I asked.

"No. We're too low to the ground."

I sighed. "Well, we're going to have to deal with this, then."

"Don't worry." Angel wrapped her arm around mine. "Come on, let's go."