Chapter 21: We're All Friends. We Get Along.

Quick summary: we beat the Umbre Lucifers (ULs) and left.

And now let me say that the tree in the Garden is huge.

For example, you and some girl (let's say Angel) can sit on one side and safely eavesdrop on two people om the other side (let's say Zap and Shade) without them knowing.

It was a relief to hear that there was no tension between the two of them. Apparently, they had a lot of common interests and got along really well. I looked over to Angel and quietly asked if we should greet them. She shook her head and whispered, "Let's give them a little more time to bond. They still have so much more to go through."

I wonder if Angel already figured they'd get along, even if it was a little weird in the beginning. I mean, she knew a good amount about both of them (well, I'm not sure about Shade. How long were they together already?).

Angel stood up. "It seems like they're done for now," she whispered, as I myself stood. "We should say hello now."

"Hello," I casually said, walking around the tree.

Shade looked past Zap. "Hi there. What are you...two doing?" he asked, looking back to see Angel.

Angel smiled and said, "We were just talking. What about you two?"

"Talking as well," Zap said, his head tilted up. "Strange that we didn't hear you talking, however..."

"We were having a silent conversation," I said.

"Hand signals and whatnot?" Shade asked, sounding suspicious.

"What? No, Shade," Angel said. "We're not deaf. We were whispering and such." This was true.

"Right. Whispering in public. Not normally speaking in a private area in this private academy." Zap looked over to Shade, who gave him a light shrug.

"Of course!" Angel said. "We still wanted to talk privately, but we wanted some fresh air."

"Of course. Because it makes a difference that you get fresh air."

"Wouldn't you know? You're here all the time!"

"Guilty. Still, you two aren't." Zap turned toward his Elemental zone. "I should be going. Magnet needs me in a few minutes. See you three." The next second, he was finished with his journey. He entered the main building of the Electric Zone and disappeared.

"I'm going to leave as well. Are you coming with me, Angel?" Shade asked. Angel nodded. "Bye, Pacifia."

"Bye, Angel. Bye, Shade."

After that, I was alone at the tree. Well, I was alone until Quake popped out from the other side. When did he get here?

"Hi, Pacifia."

"Hi, Quake! What brings you here?"

"I've got news. As you know, I got a mentor last year, and he's pushing me harder than last year, which is why I've been quiet these last couple months. It's a good thing, though. I really like him. He's caring and structured."

"That's great, Quake. Hopefully you turn into the greatest fighter in the world. Kidding."

"Is that an insult? Anyway, I just wanted to say this also in case you were wondering where I was."

"Come to think of it, you have been away for a while."

"Yep. And I still will be. In fact, I have a meeting soon. See you!"

"Goodbye."

💧 Next Day at the Garden 💧

Shade and Zap were having a conversation, but this time, Angel and I were nearby, having our own conversation. With me next to Zap, I was grabbing his hand the whole time. His hand was warm. Periodically, Angel and I would stop talking to hear a few seconds of the boys' comversation. Angel was right. They had so much more in common that they didn't know about yet.

"Strange. I am also fond of tossing my sword into the air like an idiot and seeing if it hits an enemy as well."

"Crazy," Zap replied, muttering "184" under his breath. 184 things in common?

"By the way," Zap said to Angel and me, "I noticed how every 2 minutes you two stay silent. Is there an issue?"

"None at all," Angel said. "We just have to think of things to talk about."

"Well, be more like us then," Shade said, laughing and standing up.

"No. I don't want to be like you," Angel said, also getting up.

"Ouch," Zap called. "What's your comeback, dude?"

"It's strange how you can like me but not want to be like me," Shade managed.

"Ooh. Clever wording."

"Stop it, love. I hate language arts and you know I do."

"I know I do. That's why I did exactly what I just did. And it is also the reason why at times I communicate in the style I do," Shade stated. (Uh oh. Shade's influencing me.)

"Shut it!" Angel said, tackling Shade to the grass.

"Yes, this is why we broke up," Zap said. "Wouldn't want to get killed by you."

"You want to experience it now?" Angel asked, getting up again. "Come on, stand up."

"I shall not partake in your request," replied Zap, in the fanciest voice he could manage.

"That's how we do it, brother," Shade called, from the grass.

"I want to kill both of you." Angel sighed. "Pacifia, you need to help me out.

"Kay girl. Doin' that now."

"Ew." Shade was disgusted by my foul use of grammar.

"Kay?" Zap asked. "Okay. Yeah. Use that word."

"'Course I will, friendo," I said.

Zap turned to Shade. "Did I...just get friendzoned by my girlfriend?"

"Wouldn't know it."

"Are you...bragging on that fact that you and your girlfriend work out?"

"Yes."

"Okay. I'm going to step aside." Quite literally he did, as well.

I'm going to step back now. This is all strange. However, understand that Angel has a fiery passion for hating language arts. I never mention this, but she will sometimes use thick slang when she talks. It's part of her habit to use proper language as least as possible.

But whatever we do now, it's all in good fun.

(Disclaimer: I did not friendzone Zap; I'm still together with my amazing boyfriend. Thank you.)