Chapter 11: The Ambush

"Alright," Static said, "first off, a little introductions shouldn't hurt. This here is my partner, Lightning." The girl that had been talking to him back at the edge of the Forest waved. She had long flowing hair, down to her middle section.

"I'm Pixel, partner of Electron, the guy that went off with your friend back there." A short girl, she was, with short hair and a piercing stare.

"I'm Discharge, and this is my partner, Neutron," the girl said. She had her hair tied into a ponytail, and she was hardly any taller than Lightning, who was shorter than Static, by at least a few inches. The boy, Neutron, was just at Discharge's height, with neatly combed hair and square half-rim glasses. Why he wears glasses is beyond my understanding.

"How about you?" Static asked. "Tell us about yourself."

"Well, as you can tell, I'm a Silver Water, and my name is Pacifia."

"Well then, Pacifia, it's nice to meet you. Now, I think it's time to tell you about what happened:

"I think you remember us talking about finding the brightest trail? Well, it was hard to notice at first, and so that was already a setback. Not to mention that though we are Electrics, we are still Electrics, and our light isn't the brightest. Therefore, it was really dark in there, which of course, was perfect for an ambush.

"Magnet and Lightning's captors sprang out and started attacking us with high-tech guns. I believed they shot lasers of some sort. Anyway, it was especially a hard battle since we all used swords except for Electron, who relied solely on his Elemental Power—EP, as you should already know—to fight. I don't know if they were humans, or monsters, or whatever—I don't even think humans are capable of beating us—but I can tell you for a fact that they were much stronger than us, in number and in strength. It was only our will to hold on that helped us win the fight. Though, they must have taken Magnet with them during their retreat, and so we only saw Lightning." Static cleared his throat. "And that is why Zap decided to stay behind to get Magnet."

I nodded as I heard Electron run back here. "Amazing," he mumbled. "There just had to be more of those freaks guarding the entrance to where we were during the fight. Though I have to say, that girl's a good fighter. Without her, I'd probably be dead."

"That's Angel for you," I said. "Especially if Zap is involved."

"I'd expect," he said. "Those two seem perfect for each other."

"Not exactly perfect, in my personal opinion. But they work together so well they might as well be."

"In fact," Lightning added, "I wouldn't be surprised if they walked in right n—"

On cue, someone walked through the doorway.

And it wasn't Zap, Angel, or Magnet.

It was Quake.

"Hey, Quake," I said, "what's going on?"

"Nothing bad," he said. "Is this not a good time?"

"It's fine," Static said. "Do you need anything?"

"No, I was just looking for Pacifia. But it seems that you're all busy. It's not too important, anyway."

"Well, what is it? Do we need to go somewhere?"

"No, I might as well tell you now. The more people that hear this, the better."

"Okay then, spill."

"Good one," Electron muttered.

"Shut up."

"Anyway," Quake said, "I had just wanted to say that some odd person was at the Water Zone, who I saw as I was looking for you. I heard him say that he requests to stay at the Zone until you come to meet him."

"What Element was he?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. Do they have an Element? They might not be human."

"Hold on," Static interrupted. "Tell me some features about them."

"Well, it was hard to tell, because they wore all black. It really seemed like they weren't wearing clothes. Just black all around."

"That's—"

"Those are the guys we fought!" Neutron exclaimed. He then cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses. "Pacifia, they may be planning something odd. What if they know your relationship with Zap, whom we're pretty sure know his relationship with Magnet? They might be planning something odd."

I thought back to the abuse I endured last year. I cleared my throat and declared, "I'm one for risks. I'll see what I can do."

"Be careful," Static said. "5 of them almost beat 4 of us. Zap included."

"I'll be fine. Bye, you all. Quake, come with me."

"Okay," Quake said. Together, we walked out of the Electric Zone and towards the Water Zone.