Chapter 28: Angel

Once upon a time, Prisma sent a Dark Elemental girl down to the Elemental Academy.

Originally, she was an angel assisting Prisma, but Prisma decided to send her down to help those on land.

Therefore, the girl was named Angel, though she was ironically a Dark Elemental. (There was a shortage, it had to be done.)

She accompanied a male Electric Elemental by the name of Zap, and was also a friend of a Water Elemental girl named Pacifia, and an Earth Elemental boy named Quake.

The following year, as a Silver, there was an unfortunate confrontation with a strong male Water Elemental named Atlanteon. She was fatally wounded by his sword, and died later...

I'm just kidding. She's fine.

For the most part, anyway. I talked to Zap about her, and he says she's doing okay. Although, she could be much better...

"...Had someone not nearly killed her," he said, sarcastically.

"Um, I was not part of that, okay?"

"I know you weren't, Pacifia. Still, it happened, and it's the truth, and you have a thin tie to it, so..." Zap shifted his eyes. "Although we started it. But still! I mean, he walked out of that unhurt!" Zap looked at his own, undamaged right arm. "For the most part."

"I understand, I understand," I said, still not completely understanding. I looked at Angel, who was lying on a hospital bed. "So...do you two plan on...getting back together?"

"No. However, we will be there for one another."

"Likewise with Quake and I as well?"

"Sure. Just not as much. Eh, with Quake, I'm figuring he's got a mentor to help him out until we're Golds. Then we can have lots of fun..."

"Lots of fun? Do explain."

"Well, as Golds, we should be strong to a specific degree, correct? That is why mentors break off from Golds?"

"That would make sense to me." I understood. I just didn't really care about the topic of mentors.

"And we can even leave the Academy!"

"Zap." I lowered my voice. "We've done that already."

"Ah, but this time we can do it in the open, and without worrying."

"Um, how did we pull it off last time?"

"It was in the Forest. No-one guards the Forest."

"Is that safe?"

"Yeah. People are too scared to go into the Forest. You know what just happened recently, right? Pulled it off in the Forest."

Pulled it off in the Forest.

"Zap, what were you planning to do to us?"

"Huh?" Zap looked at me. "We weren't going to do anything bad. We just wanted to have a conversation where Atlanteon can't act all high and mighty because he won't be able to overpower us, and that would be because we have forced power over him."

"That sounds very unsafe."

"Oh yeah, it would be for him if he tried taking back power."

"So it would be a normal conversation, but you forcibly disempower Atlanteon?"

"Odd words you use. But that is correct."

"That's crazy! I guess it was good that he fought back."