Chapter 19: Love

Let me collect my thoughts.

I'm worried about Zap. Angel? Not so much.

Before I tell you why, I need to recap on what has been going on.

Another two months have gone by.

Starting with the day after that conversation between Zap and Angel, I found myself visiting the Electric Zone more and more than I have ever had before. Not only because for Zap (which was the main reason), but also because talking to Magnet was really enjoyable. She was like River: really kind and easy to talk to.

I got caught up visiting Neutron sometimes. After his drill that saved our lives, I occasionally dropped by to see what he was working on. It was slow progress, but it was progress. Who knows what he might make?

And of course, I talked to Zap a lot. I got to know him a lot better, too.

But of course, I mainly talked to him to help him stop worrying about Angel (which he had been doing).

I learned a lot about him on a really personal level. It just flowed naturally over time, over the course of two months.

💧 Dark Zone 💧

"Hey, Pacifia!"

"Hey, Angel. You're in a good mood today, huh?"

"Yes! I'll tell you about it eventually, just not now." She calmed down. "What's been going on?"

"Not too much. Been talking to Zap and Magnet a lot."

"Interesting. I didn't expect that, really."

"Well, you can't predict everything. What's been happening for you?"

"Well, besides the thing that's hyping me up, I actually had a couple of those figures come in a while back. Studied their attack patterns and fought much better than last time."

"Not to mention that we clung to each other last time..."

"Well, besides that. They're pretty predictable once you memorize everything."

"That's kind of difficult."

"Four attacks? I'd argue."

"Well, those figures are annoying and hard to work with. I'm not going to try."

"Heh. Well, change your mind, you know what to do, but I advise against it..."

"Yeah. I don't like going down there."

"Mm... hey, how's Zap been doing?"

"Zap? Fine, from the looks of it."

"Just the looks?"

"He's fine, Angel."

"I sure hope so."

"He is." Angel's question drilled into my head once again.

How do you feel about him?

I'm almost ready to answer that question. Just some more time...

"Well," Angel said, grabbing my shoulder, "I think I'll be heading out now. See you soon, Pacifia!"

"Bye, Angel. Be sure to tell me what happens!"

"Oh, you can be sure I will!"

💧 Garden 💧

"Quake?"

"Hey there, Pacifia."

"What are you doing here?"