Chapter 24: I Love My Boyfriend

He zapped them.

That's all he did.

The reanimated UL fell (and finally disappeared) in an instant, while the other one (him, you know who) dodged Zap's lightning and knocked him down. Angel pulled the UL away while I blasted water at him. I brought out my rapier, designed like a trident. (Three points. Insane!) I threw it and nearly hit the UL. I need to work on my aim.

Zap coughed. "Pacifia, remember, I still love you, but the UL hit me, so..." He stood up. "Anyway, it's time to show this thing who an Elemental is."
"Right," I said. I raised my hands, about to toss my trident, when suddenly Zap's hands were around my waist. I suddenly saw things piercingly brighter and clearer, and I threw my trident and speared the UL with ease. It fell and disappeared.

"That was my boyfriend," Angel said in disgust. She looked at Zap. "Our positions have changed."

"Find a third boyfriend, then. Quick, now. You don't want to be alone for long after having been with someone...er, rather, two people."

"I know. See you soon." Angel started walking slowly towards the Dark Zone.

"I feel bad for her," I whispered.

"So do I," Zap whispered back. "I know how she feels, because I felt that once. But of course, I don't anymore, because of some idiot..."

I think the UL effects had started to kick in. "Right. You seem to not know who the idiot is in our relationship."

"Of course I do. It's you."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Shut up. Of course I am."

"If you insist." I turned my head and kissed him. "I should be going."

"Yeah, whatever." Though the UL effects were still there, he seemed to have gained himself back already. "Do that."

"I will," I replied. "Love you!"

"Sure." I looked back to see Zap simply fall asleep on the floor. What a guy.

Let's do a quick recap of my full relationship history with Zap.

In the beginning of our Bronze year, we were at each other's throats. Later that year, we were friends. This year, we're dating.

I don't know, but I feel like we matured so much in a single year. I mean, that is a lot, anyway.

Oh, but Zap is still 13. I can tease him about that...though he's still taller than me.

💧 Electric Zone 💧

"Good afternoon, my little prince," I said.

"I turn 14 in a month and a half," he said, slightly annoyed.

"I know you do. That's still quite a while away, you know." I grabbed his hand.

"It's not that far, really. It'll come before you know it."

"Unfortunately true..." I sat back, thinking. Zap is younger than me. In fact, he's also younger than Quake and Angel. By a couple months or so, but still.

"Hey, Cif?"

"What is it, Zap?"

"Well...I feel like I haven't been completely honest about my feelings lately."

"Really? Will you be honest now?"

"Yeah. Listen, when I say I love you, I'm not being completely honest." He took a deep breath, as I sat there, confused. "When I say I love you, I'm only expressing myself halfway." Slowly, he leaned over and kissed me. "Actions speak more than words do, right? I haven't been doing that often, and I feel like I'm not appreciating you like I should be."

"Zap," I began. "You're 13. I'm 14. You're already sounding like I'm your queen. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. If you're worried, I won't kiss you then."

"Well, I'll be honest. I prefer your light hugs more."

"Then just ask."

"Can I demand? Hug me."

"Sure." He pulled me over to him and wrapped his arm around me. I felt a rush of warmth before falling asleep, sitting on a bed, but leaning on Zap.

💧 Midnight 💧

"Pacifia, wake up," Zap whispered, lightly nudging me.

I sat up, yawning. "Zap, it's the middle of the night..."

"Exactly, now go back to your Zone."

"But I'm too tired to."

"You want me to carry you there?" Now, the Electric Zone and Water Zone were further away than the Electric Zone was from the Dark Zone, which was already two zones away. Still...

"Yes, please, if you can..." I closed my eyes for five seconds and opened them to see me, in my bed, under my blanket. "Good night, Cif. Love you." Zap squeezed my hand before zipping back to his Zone.

Prisma knows how much he means to me.

Although Zap and Angel are not dating anymore (which is pretty obvious), they're still really close friends. Uncomfortably close friends.

I have no reason to be jealous, and I know that. Zap was Angel's, and now he's mine, and besides, Angel has done well without anyone this past month.

"I'm just so confused how I didn't notice that the UL wasn't an Elemental," Angel was saying.

"I mean," Zap said, tapping her forehead, "you decided to start dating it, first of all. Second of all, ULs are highly advanced, and it didn't even portray anybody we knew. It just formed an Elemental itself."

"I guess," Angel replied. "Though, I wished it was a real Elemental."

"Same here. The Shade we thought we knew was a pretty good person."

"Well, yeah, but it was all an act," I cut in.

"Right," Zap said. "However, if it was an Elemental, it would be pretty favored in the Academy. Shade's a good person, in both ways."

"I mean, so are you," Angel and I said, in perfect harmony.

"Uh, thanks?" Like it startled us, it startled Zap as well. "The point is, we wish Shade was an actual Elemental, like we thought the UL was."

"Mm." I picked a flower from the grass in the Garden. Angel turned to me, curious to see the flower. "Ooh. It's a tulip," she said.

"Blue as well," I said, nodding. "My favorite. I mean, I like daisies as well."

"Good to know, good to know," Zap said, pretending to write notes on a notepad.

"Mhm. Do note that I love chocolate as well." With that being said, I asked, "Do you guys have chocolate, by any chance?"

"No," Angel said.

"I would, but a week ago, someone visited my Zone and stole all the chocolate," Zap said.

"Why would—oh..." I went back to a week ago when I bolted for the Silver Electrics' cabinet and raided their chocolate supply. (I mean, they said I could, so why not? I love chocolate, you know. Eh...but not as much as Zap. Zap is like a truck full of chocolate. Prisma, that sounds good right now...)

"Yeah, so, remind me to deny that we have chocolate in the future," Zap said.

"No," I said. "As you are mine, your chocolate is also mine."

"Aw," Zap said. "That's fine. But first, I have to stash some under my bed. Be back." Before I could say anything, Zap ran for his Zone.

"You gonna..." Angel looked at me.

"Of course," I replied. I also ran towards Zap's Zone.