Chapter 7: Blown Steam

Did you know that when water is heated up, it turns into steam?

Did you know that when a Water Elemental gets angry, they produce steam?

Yes, it's all true.

Likewise, if Zap were to get mad, lightning might come down from the sky, and if Quake was mad, there might be an earthquake, and if Angel was mad, the sun might be blocked by a few clouds. Just instantly like that.

Back to the point, when a Water is mad, they produce steam, right?

Yeah... I could make a hot tub with the amount of steam I'm producing right now.

Guess what? Angel is mad too. For the same reason, actually.

At who? At Zap.

Why?

Oh no, not because he did something to us. No, he did something stupid to himself.

Almost killed himself, I tell you.

I can't joke about how serious this was. Any further down and we would probably never see him again.

"Why in the palace of Prisma would you jump down like that?!" Angel yelled.

"I've done it once, I can do it again," Zap muttered.

"Oh no," I said. "Last time you jumped down the Edge. This time you gave yourself more height and dropped to the steepest part you could find. Compared to your last jump, that's half a mile more than your last jump."

"Oh well."

"Oh well? Zap, we're really worried about you, you know."

He did nothing but smile. "Dear, I know you're worried about me, but in case you can't tell, I'm doing fine, as it is. Eh... though don't get the wrong idea. Can't do half the stuff I do daily without you, you know."

"Mm, and don't I know it," Angel grumbled.

"Listen, Zap," I said, "there was literally no reason you had to jump. What if you had done something out of order?"

"Then what a shame that would've been. Listen, Pacifia, you never know when you're falling down miles by miles and have to soften your fall. I can glide through lightning, you know."

All anger instantly became replaced by curiosity. "Glide? How does that work?"

"Mag—er, Elemental Power."

"So..." I turned to Angel. "Could you glide down in darkness?"

She lost her angry expression and replaced it with a thoughtful expression. "I'm not sure. Maybe when it's a new moon."

"Great conversation, ladies," Zap said. "I'm going to go now."

"You and your tricks," Angel said. "I can't believe we're not angry at you anymore. I'm trying, but it won't work."

Zap smiled again. "See you tonight, dear." As he walked away, I said, "I don't think it's Elemental Power that we're not angry at him anymore."

"Don't know about you," Angel replied. "But I guess I can't be mad at my boyfriend for long."

Boyfriend? I thought back to the first day, when Zap attempted to refuse the idea of their being in a relationship. "You're his girlfriend?"

Angel laughed. "Ah... we weren't at that point on the first day yet. After a week or so, yes, Zap actually talked to me about it, and you know, even after teasing him about it, it still came as a slight surprise. I didn't expect it to already start here, and so saying 'yes' just flowed through unconsciously. But nothing brightened my day more than his eyes when I did say yes."

I smiled. "Congratulations. You now have to deal with him everyday."

"Not too bad, if you really think about it."

"No, I am thinking about it. You sure you made the right decision?"

"Of course. For the most part. But yes, it's better experiencing it then thinking about it. Getting asked to be in a wholehearted relationship is one of the greatest things one can experiencing in the beginning."

"Is it? I'm intrigued."

"You should be. Find someone you're really smooth with, then who knows? You might have one yourself."

"Heh. I'll consider."

"Okay, well I should be going, don't want to be late."

"Late? You two already have assigned schedules? Prisma, this is a bit too far, don't you think?"

"Not so," she said. "Bye."

"Bye now."

I stayed at the Cliff. Zap and Angel are dating now? What a pleasant surprise, to be honest. They were probably the most compatible pair of last year. I mean, if I remember right, Zap and Angel only first met because Zap was walking the wrong way, distracted. If that hadn't happened, who knows where they might be now? I mean, Angel did say they fought against each other in Sword Class. So if he hadn't met her for the first time, they may just be friends. Even worse, they might not even have known each other.

Speaking of Sword Class... I'm in the Rapier Class, and Quake's practicing in the Bow Class. He originally had a sword, but it was too heavy, and he wanted a more ranged and silent way to fight.

Sword, Gun and Bow Classes are the most popular ones, but some others fall in subcategories of those main 3 weapons:

Sword would be Rapier, Lance, Mace, Spear, and so on.

Gun would be Handgun, Sub-Machine Gun (SMG), Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Machine Gun.

Bow would be some basic arrow-loaded weapons, like the Crossbow and Blowpipe. Or maybe even just arrows themselves.

There's a lot of classes Elementals can learn, each with their own pros and cons.

The most important thing is: one class is stronger than the other.