Chapter 13: Lightning

I ran around the room as the figure was chasing me. "Why run when you know the inevitable?" it asked. "Just give up—might as well save your energy."

"Not—a—chance!" I said, running even faster. I thought back to the noise Magnet and I heard earlier. If I can drag them near me... if that is them...

"Come and catch me!" I yelled. I brought water into the room and slid across. Of course, as a Water Elemental, I can slide quicker and more precisely than others. The figure seemed to float off the ground, so the water did nothing to it. Magnet was still at the wall she was blasted towards, knocked out, on the floor. I glanced at her as I slid bye. I need to do something quickly...

I pumped water so hard across the room that it made as much noise as a rock band practice session.

And that's when they came.

A section of the wall opposite to Magnet blasted into pieces, and on the other side were Zap and Angel. Zap bolted to the other wall, to Magnet. Angel simply walked into the room, looking at the figure. "What's this?" It said. "Some visitors? Well, I've got some friends to help get you settled." More figures started appearing out of nowhere. Angel, with her Dark power, started fighting them normally as if they were evenly matched with her and it was as bright as day.

Could it be that darkness is their strength? Is Angel really equal in strength to them?

The figure watched Angel with interest. "I see... well, we'll need some more friends to help get you settled, eh?" Multitudes of figures appeared, but Angel was still strong. She fought swiftly, down to the last 3 or 4 figures. From here, she dropped in strength, and on the last figure, she finally collapsed.

"Angel!" I shouted. I ran towards the last guy, but Zap was faster. He bolted towards the last figure and struck him down the second I saw him.

"Two very interesting visitors!" The main figure said, clearly pleased with the result of the fight. "Though, you best settle down quickly, because I have a lot more friends waiting." I only saw Zap's smile as more figures started approaching. He grabbed Angel and shouted to me, "Look away! Move back!" As I was running towards a corner, I heard a loud bzzt as lightning struck the room. The main figure laughed. "Amazing!" it said. "Though, I cannot let you stay unsettled." He charged towards Angel in Zap's hands, resulting in Zap dropping her and charging at the figure. "There we go!" the figure said as it caught Zap and slammed him down towards the floor. The two of them sunk underneath the ground. I stood there, motionless.

I stood there, silent, as I felt tears falling from my chin. I slowly wiped them away and went over to Angel.

"He what?!" she shrieked.

"I think the thing put him into a trap! He went for you, and to protect you, he went for the figure, who used its chance to bring both of them down. I don't know where they are now."

"He—that idiot!" Angel yelled, slamming her foot on the floor.

"Calm down!" I said, then realized how stupid that must have sounded.

"We need to find a way down there," Angel said.

"What about Magnet?"

"Magnet! Ugh, I hate to say this, but we can't go for him now. We have to all go back up. Tell you what, maybe we should grab Quake. Maybe he could help us out."

"Maybe," I said, but instead I was thinking of how much danger Zap could be in.

"Um," Angel said, "is it getting hot in here?"

"Oh," I replied. "Steam. Sorry about that."

"Listen, I bet you Zap will be fine. He's strong. He'll last for a good while."

"You're probably right, but he won't last forever."

"No. We have to act quickly. Come on, help me with Magnet."

💧 Electric Zone 💧

"So we have Magnet, but now Zap is missing," Static mumbled.

"Yeah," I said.

"I'd love to go back more than anything, but as your story showed, we can't really get to him. But your plan with your Earth friend might work. It seems very probable, especially since it's already underground to begin with."

"It has to work," Angel said. "I'm getting him back, and I don't care what a single soul says, I'm going for him, and I'm going to get him back."

"Well, I agree with you that we need to get him back. Sorry that we can't go with you, but we can always wish you good luck. Prisma will guide you on your journey to find one who saved the Academy. And, of course, your boyfriend. Some say that love is the strongest weapon of all. And now it makes me envious of the Love Elementals."

"Well, we'll see," Angel said. She looked away. Clearly she wanted Zap back as soon as possible.

"We'll find him," I said, putting my hand on her shoulder.

"We definitely will."