Neil Is An Awkward Nerd

A/N: MINI CHAPTER ALERT. 

"Hey Preston," Neil called after Preston, and Preston stopped in his tracks. Neil ran towards him.

"Oh, hey Neil," Preston waved.

Neil offered his hand. "Can I walk you home?"

"Yes! Duh," Preston took Neil's hand and his heart fluttered.

They began walking, and Preston wasn't really paying attention to where they were going, he was just following Neil and trying not to freak out. "Oh shit," Neil muttered.

"What?" Preston asked.

Neil groaned. "Sorry. I was taking you to your old place. I forgot you live with Nerris. Why didn't you stop me dude?"

Preston shrugged. "I wasn't paying attention."

Neil couldn't hold back from chuckling, Preston was so adorable. "Look, we're like a block away from my apartment. Do you wanna just come over?" 

"Hell yes!" Preston exclaimed, and Neil chuckled again.

They walked the short distance to Neil's apartment, and Preston had a big, stupid grin on his face the entire time. When they got to the door, Neil pulled his hand away from Prestons, and Preston shot him an offended look. Neil looked around to make sure no one was there. "Look, it's just incase my dad got home early. I'm not out yet and I don't want him to know... at least, not yet."

Preston sighed. "Whatever." Neil rolled his eyes and opened the door for him. Once they entered, Neil let out a relieved sigh when he noticed his dad wasn't home yet.

"So," Neil sat down on his couch, and asked, "Do you want anything?"

Preston sat down next to him "No, I'm good."

Neil yawned. "You know, I would've never had the balls to approach you. But Nikki today told me... that if I wanted to go anywhere in a relationship with you, I should hang out with you. So like, wanna go out sometime?"

Preston snorted. "Wow, you are awful at asking people out."

"Well," Neil defended, "I've never done it before. How would you ask someone out?"

"Just like, casual and sweet," Preston replied. "Say like, 'Hey, so I really like you and I was wondering if you'd want to go out with me.'"

Neil smirked. "Of course I'll go out with you."

Preston gasped. "Sneaky. So, are we like, dating now?"

"If you want," Neil replied.

"Okay. You're my boyfriend."

"Rad."