Bus

The summer flew by so quick. And everyone was nervous for their senior year. Especially Nikki. She didn't know what she was going to do with her life, besides volleyball in college. She knew it'd get her a scholarship, but had no clue what she would major in. Her future was insanely unplanned, except for her one constant: Max. He knew exactly what he was gonna do with his life. He was gonna go major in business, and become the CEO of some big shot company. And get married to Nikki after college.

They knew they probably wouldn't end up at the same college, Max wanted to end up at an Ivy League, and Nikki really was just gonna try and get by in a Liberal Arts school. Plus, Gwen and David would pay for Max's tuition. Nikki's mom was unemployed and living off sugar daddies, so she knew she'd be on her own. She was somewhat fucked. But, she'd get by some way. 

The morning of the first day of school, she got up early, put on a rockin' outfit, and walked to Neil's apartment building a few blocks away and they would go to Max's together to go to school. Neil was wearing a green sweater turtleneck, blue jeans, and vans. True gay nerd. They chatted on their 10 minute walk to Max, which was super close to their high school. Once they arrived at Max's, they spotted him waiting outside of the building for them.

Nikki ran up to him and hugged him. "Woooo! Senior year!"

"Hey, Max," Neil said, catching up to Nikki. "You excited?"

Max chuckled at his best friends. "I'm so fucking excited you guys. If every high school movie I've seen is right, then this will be the best year of our life."

"Oh it will!" Nikki said enthusiastically. "I've got a great schedule, my best friends by my side. Nothing could go wrong."

Neil beamed. "Yes! This will be the first perfect year of our life, hopefully. Let's head to school now. You'll be late."

Nikki and Max agreed, and they began walking. Nikki walked with somewhat of a skip in her step, and Max thought it was so fucking cute. Neil and Max talked about their classes, and Nikki was so distracted by her positive demeanor and excitement for what the future could possibly hold. They spotted their high school from across the street, and walked across the street. Nikki, walking slightly ahead.

SLAM, BREAK

"Oh my fucking god!" Max screamed, in shock.

Neil let out a scream. "Nikki! What the fuck, what the fuck!"

Cars stopped. People getting out of their vehicles to see the teenage girl, lying motionless in front of the stopped school bus. Max's vision went hazy. Everything was flashing by, people calling 911, the driver of the bus getting out, everyone at the high school coming out to see the horror of what just happened. 

Soon enough, paramedics showed up and confirmed she was dead. Max and Neil were screaming, crying, yelling. They took Nikki away in an ambulance.

"What's going on?" Nerris said, with a bunch of their other friends trailing behind her.

Max cried, "Nikki's gone, she's fucking dead, oh my god," he clung onto Neil.

"Holy shit," Preston screamed.

Neil was hyperventilating, staring at the spot she was hit.

Everything went by so quick. Max screamed and cried. Neil panicked, called his parents.

Truly the start of the worst year of their life.