2

Y/N pov

I open the doors to outside. The smell of rain was light in the air. A light mist coating the earth floor. This is safe. I hoped as I started walking. Walking towards the bus station, towards a future.

Snap.

My head whips around, trying to find the sound I just heard. I look around.

Nothing. Not even one animal. Nothing.

Okay. My mind repeats, trying to calm itself. Now time to get a ride to my new home.

***

My new home happened to be towards the end of a neighborhood, second one next to the end. It's one of the smallest houses, but I don't mind. It's better then the hell hole I once called home.

Walking into the house, I see the overall layout from the door. Right next to the door on the left was a staircase, going upstairs to the only bedroom(there was a bathroom there too) the room the staircase was in was  the living/dining room. The bathroom was under the stairs. A kitchen was the only other room (besides the bathroom of course) on the bottom floor.

I kick my shoes off leaving them near the door. Heading upstairs, the stairs squeaking under my weight. All the walls in this house were the color of an eggshell, almost white but not exactly. I open the door to the bedroom.

I gasp.

The room was beautiful. The ceiling was slanted with the shape of the roof. The walls painted a pale blue, the bathroom walls painted ivory. The wall in the back has a window, centered in the middle of the wall. Above, the previous owners left a grey dream catcher. It's simple design with the white feathers going nicely with the rooms color and shape. An air mattress was also left in a box. The box sat in the corner.

I get to start over. I get a new start.