19

^edited on November 18, 2019^
•Author Note: As I was reading the comments (thank you to the people who left them) I realized that my writing really sucks😂. I hope this chapter is more realistic and flows better then the other version it was. I hope that this causes the other chapters to flow a little better too, and this should also start to help with the age difference and all that crud. If anything needs to be changed or more accurate please post a comment or message me. Enjoy! •

Y/n pov

I woke up, the pain in my head was just a small ring. Rays of sunlight were coming through the window. It was in my eyes. It was to bright.

"Ughhhhh." I grunted, Jasper's head shot up looking at me. His hand flew to my head.

"Y/n you okay?" He says, nervous.

"Stupid sunlight, go away." I say. The sunlight faltered as it left my window. "That's way better." I say covering my eyes with my hand.

"Wait." Jasper starts, "Your have POWERS?" He asked dumbfounded. "Since when."

I smile at him. "I found out like 3 months ago." He smiles.

"So you can control sunlight."

"I think can make it do whatever I want." I respond quietly,  nodding. "In fact I think I could make it so you guys don't sparkle in the light."

"That's amazing." He gasps. Then looks at me. "Come on you have to talk to Carlisle about last night. He wants to help you. We all do." A tear starts to form in my eye.

"You have been the nicest people to me in a long time."

He kisses my forehead. "I love you. We all do. But mostly me."

I peck his lips.

"I surly hope so Jasper." I say and we both chuckle.

"Now come on, let's go down stairs and socialize." He says opening the door. He starts to walk out and I follow. Instead of going downstairs, Carlisle calls to us from his office. We turn and walk downs the hall. Jasper opens the door, leading my over to the chairs in front of Carlisle's desk.

Carlisle closes the door. "Now y/n." He says sitting down in his chair. "When did your back start to hurt that much?"

"Carlisle, it's been awhile. Like 5 or 6 years." I hesitated. "I don't know. All I remember is..."
I stop talking. "All I remember was." I couldn't finish as a tear falls down my face. "It was sometime in July, I was 9. So it would have been 7 years that I've been having that pain. It's been worse though." I mutter the last part. Jasper pulls me in closer.

"Would you please explain your home conditions?" Carlisle asks, "If it is to hard for you, you don't have to."

"I don't know..." my voice trails off.

Jasper squeezes my arm as calm crept over me. I took a shaky breath.

"All of this started when I was 8 after my brothers David and Sam, were hit by a car." I started to chock in my tears. "I was blamed for it. After they were pronounced as dead..." more tears fell down my face. "He started drinking. Drinking way more then before. Drugs coated the house." A sob shakes my body as I tremble.

"Soon after that he started to accessorize with belts." My voice turned to a whisper.

I continued to tremble.

"He...he-I can't do this."

I tried to stand up as I tried to get out of Jasper's hold. Carlisle's face showed pain.

Jasper held me still, his lips moving fast. I could feel calm that tried to creep into my person, but I couldn't accept more then bits and pieces of it.

I took another shaky breath after Carlisle places a hand over mine. Jasper gives me another squeeze.

"I- I hate him." My eyes looked at other items in the room.  "I didn't want the belts. I didn't. I didn't..."

"Where was your mom in all of this?" He asks, sadness was all I could trace in his voice.

"She just stood there. Or she helped him." I could barley hear myself as I talked.

"One night I came home to both of them drunk as can be." Carlisle sighs. His eyes were full of sorrow. "He pulled out a belt, she pulled out a small pistol."

Jasper gasps.

"They traded." I lift up my left sleeve reveling a more circular-ish scar. "I- I. I didn't like it. I didn't want this. I don't want this." My body just shakes. And shakes.

The shaking continues.

My sobs were heart wrenching. They reminded me of how I cried the night of my little brother's funeral. The thought of that made me sob even harder then before.

Jasper pulls me out of the chair and onto his lap. His shushes were in my ear, but I could barley hear them over my sobbing.

"When did your back start having bursts of pain?" Carlisle asked when my sobs slowed, after many minutes it took for me to wear out my vocal cords. The tears were still streaming, but my vocal cords were now raspy.

"When I landed on the corner."

I knew I was giving them to much information, I knew that my jumbled mind shouldn't be talking with theirs.

But some how I felt like I could trust them.

But why did I trust them? Why did I open my mouth?

Oh my god.

What am I doing?