Chapter 6 - Worries

Sitting on his bed, I tried to contain the anger that I was feeling for myself. Why did I even allow myself to kiss him? The better question was, why did I provoke him? My head had started to hurt profusely as the alcohol faded. Gosh. I couldn't remember the last time I had a hangover.

With a sigh I stood up, walking around the room. I wanted to wait until they were all asleep before I left, but from the noises I could tell that some of them were still outside. Probably RM and Jimin, telling from their distinct laughters. 

This was bad. I had no experience with humans. How did they handle the affection from gods? Didn't they become addicted? Like some sort of drug? But Jiyong always played around with humans, and he didn't have any problems with that. The only thing was that I didn't want to play around with these humans. The boys had gotten important for me. "Family". I still had to chuckle at that expression. Something like family bonds were extremely rare. They took the trust and love of someone to new measures. And yet they accepted me like I was - just a nerdy producer. Without remorse - well, until now. I didn't know how they would react if they new who I was. Would they regret it? Would they feel betrayed? Of course. That was in their nature after all. They were humans. Even if I couldn't believe that at first sight.  

Lost in thoughts, I didn't realize that time flied by until I saw the first signs of the sunrise through the windows in Tae's room. And from the sounds in the apartment, they were all peacefully asleep. 

My hair was already dry since a while, so I just fixed it by putting it in a high ponytail instead of the bun it was in before. With a snap of my fingers I had on some mom jeans - surely Tae wouldn't mind me lending his shirt for a day. His bed was made in seconds, and I had already sent my dress home yesterday after the shower. 

Leaving a little 'Thank you' note on the bed, I made my way outside - using a little power to make my footsteps inaudible. As I walked through the living room, I smiled at the soundly asleep Tae, who was hugging a couch pillow as hard as he could. Softly stroking a few strand of his hair out of his face, I leaned foward and placed a little kiss on his forehead - ensuring that he had a wonderful dream and would wake up without any kind of hang over. 

A bright smile immediately appeared on his face as he snuggled the pillow even more. This boy. He was really like an adorable little angel. Finally leaving the apartment, I made my way back to my own by foot. I really needed to get my head free of all these thoughts. 

As soon as I stepped inside, I could feel him behind me. "Did you somehow miss my point when I told you that you shouldn't appear in somebody elses apartment without their permission?", I asked GD as I turned around to look at his pouting face. "I waited all night for you. The only thing that kept me company was your underwear drawer.", he replied as he followed me to the kitchen. "Good thing I don't wear underwear that often then.", I contered while picking up a bottle out of the fridge. This headache was really annoying. Good thing I always had some fairy droplets at hand. The only thing that could cure almost everything within a matter of seconds in the heavenly realm. 

But before I could take a sip, GD took it out of my hands. "Why do you need these? Did you drink? I thought I told you not to.", he grumbled, while studying my appearance. "And that shirt isn't yours. It's something from one of those humans, right?", he carried on and I rolled my eyes, plucking the bottle out of his hands again and quickly taking a few sips. "Yes, I drank. Yes, this is a shirt from one of them.", I answered, poking his chest. "You should know that I don't like to be ordered around."

He immediately pulled me into his arms, placing his head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry. But you see how it ended right?", he mumbled and I pouted, nodding a little. "By the way, you always toy around with humans in the sexual way, right?", I quickly asked before I could overthink it again. 

He let go of me and plopped down on the couch. "Jup. Why?", "Well, do humans get addicted to you? Like from the contact?", I carried on, playing with my thumbs as I sat down next to him. A frown appeared on Jiyong's face. "You had sex with one of them?", he asked and I quickly shook my head. "Just a kiss. But the tad bit of problem is that I don't want him to get addicted. These boys - even if they want to be with me I don't want to manipulate them into liking or even loving me with my power." , I answered and let out a deep sigh. The room went silent for a second as he stared at me. 

"You must really like these humans, huh?", he grumbled and I looked to the side, not wanting to admit how much they actually meant to me. "Is that also the reason why you refuse to go back? To spend more time with them?", even to that question, no answer was needed. If I indeed went back to the realm for a bit, 10, 20 years could pass in the blink of an eye. Even 60 if I didn't look out. And I didn't want to miss so much of their lives. Especially if I couldn't re enter it when I came back - after all there would be questions why I didn't look one day older than from when I left them. 

"But to answer your question, normally they don't have any memory of it, the power, that is. The will still remember a kiss. They can tell that they felt something beyond their imagination and will be more energetic the following days, but then they'll slumb down for a few hours. Like a power cable that you pulled out of the socket. At least it was just a kiss, so there won't be such a hard slumb like after sexual contact. It's just like beeing a coffeine addict and then suddenly not drinking it anymore. So as long as you don't fill that person with caffeine again, they'll be back to normal in a few days.", Jiyong finally explained, and I nodded, relieved. Thank the heavens that it wouldn't have a constant affect on Tae. 

"Do you want to sleep a bit? I'm here to fight off the nightmares after all.", he suddenly asked as he looked at my tired expression. A slight smile appeared on my face as I nodded and he picked me up, carrying me to the bedroom and placing me down on the mattress softly before slipping under the blanket next to me. And with a long breath, I closed my eyes as I snuggled against his chest and drifted off.