Chapter 8 - Friendship

Mila's P.o.V

What do I do..what do I do.. I asked myself multiple times while I walked around in circles in my studio, nibbling at the ends of my hair nervously. 

" You can call me Eno." . It was like I was a deer staring into headlight. I couldn't move, let alone breathe. As the members each introduced themselves, Eno just nodded. Narcissistic, arrogant... There were many more words I could use to describe him with. V seemed to notice that something was off with me, looking at me from time to time. As he left the room, I inhaled deeply before excusing myself to my studio. 

I didn't know what he wanted to do. Why he was trying to play these mind games. He could've just taken me with him then and there. Well, he was always good at these games. Otherwise, if I had seen his real self, seen what kind of monster he was, I would've killed him when we were children. Burrying my face in my hands, I sat down. I didn't want to get the boys in trouble. They were now family to me. They were the only ones who treated me with love and respect even when I looked like a beggar. Even now, still not knowing who I really was, they showed me so much love and support. Especially.. Tae.. my heart ached at the thought of the look in his eyes as I told him that we were still just friends. 

I sighed. I knew all of this was wrong. I didn't come to the human realm to make friends. I didn't come here to be loved. I came here to do what I loved: Music. To inspire. To warm the hearts of the people all around the world with my music, to make them feel loved, special, to make them feel like they are worth it. But.. what if it was the other way around? What if I wanted..to feel loved.. to feel warmth in my heart again after all these hundreds of years? To finally let someone.. in my heart again? 

I flinched as someone knocked on the door, having not noticed the presence of someone because I was so immersed in my thoughts. "Yes..?", I asked quietly as the door opened. V poked his head through a little. And by a little I mean I could only see his nose. "Mila.. I..I don't know if you even want to see me right now.. I just ... I noticed that you were behaving a little odd when that Eno Guy was in the meeting room.. Is everything okay?" he asked quietly.

I had to smile at that. Taehyung really noticed. "Come in, doofus.", I said chuckling, pulling him into a hug as soon as he was inside. A little suprised he returned the hug, just holding me for a bit.

I could feel his heart beating very fast as I laid my head against his chest. Just..just for one moment.. allow me for one moment to be held by him. I knew. I knew I had to leave them. I had to leave them to keep them save. I didn't even realize that I started to cry, my tears flowing down my cheeks onto V's shirt. He looked at me wide eyed. "Mila? Why are you crying? Did I do something wrong?", V asked panicked and I shook my head. "You did nothing wrong.", I said quietly, placing my hand on his cheek, "You did absolutely nothing wrong." I looked into his eyes softly, as I noticed his face coming closer. Already slightly closing my eyes, I could feel my heart quenching when there was suddenly cold air in front of me instead of Tae's body warmth. "I should go. Friendship.. really hurts..", he said before leaving me standing there, alone. 

A sad smile appeared on my face.

Friendship really hurts.