28 - Cat Care

@catisfandom commented something along the lines of Keith sleeping at the edge of the bed, curled up like a cat and then he purrs and now I've "stolen" it without regrets

Also, sorry I miss updates a lot I'm just a compulsive procrastinator.

Your POV

I groan, turning blindly into my pillow as my stomach churns unpleasantly. Twisting the piles of blankets on top of me as I go, I swiftly bring my arms up to clutch my aching torso. I squeeze my already shut eyes, trying to will away the pain.

I already had a killing headache, a relentless chill through my whole body and an itchy throat, so the fact a this nauseating ache decided to appear in my stomach was not helping.

Stupid alien sickness.

~

A few days ago we discovered that a planet had been recently abandoned by the Galra. After hearing the news we found it's coordinates and headed there immediately to check for survivors. When we landed we had initially thought that the planet was abandoned of life. But, after Keith and Lance shoved each other into trees, we discovered that wasn't the case. The 'trees' the paladins rammed into were actually the hiding places of some of the natives, called Nifarians. The Nifarian race are plant-like creatures with many humanoid characteristics. Their planet gives life to them so they have the ability to manipulate the geography of the land.

Because of their planet-like appearance and connection to their planet, they have an uncanny ability to blend in with the flora of their land. Because of this they were relatively unharmed by the Galra who turned out to be there only briefly. Still, they were very grateful for our concern over the well being of their home and insisted they treat us to a feast as a thank you. We, of course, had to oblige.

Who turns down free food?

It turns out Nifarians are beasts in the kitchen because within a few hours they whipped up an entire buffet that could feed us for weeks. The layout was covered in exquisite looking foods, though it all looked foreign to us. But, different doesn't mean it can't taste good and 'good' is an understatement. It was downright amazing. Everything tasted delicious with flavors I had never even thought existed.

Apparently the Nifarians were starving as well because they had been in hiding for over a week. They were able to sustain themselves by their connection with the planet but it was nothing compared to eating real food. So, within the first 10 minutes half the dishes were wiped out. I was one of the first in line because I skipped dinner the night before and breakfast that morning (which I will never do again because one, I was starving and two, Keith gave me the scolding of the year for 'not taking care of myself'), which meant I had limitless choices.

I saw the last portion of their equivalent to mashed potatoes and had to try it. I mean, it's potatoes, my people. And, they were delicious. But I was the only one who got to try them because by the time everyone else got in line they were all out. Turns out, lucky them because the mashed potato impersonators gave me alien food poisoning.

It was totally worth it though. They were singlehandedly the best thing I've ever tasted.

But because I was the only one who ate them, I was the only one who was sick. How did we find out I was sick? Lovely question. I woke up in the middle of the night in the arms of my heat extruding boyfriend who was certainly cooking me alive, felt like death and then ran to the bathroom as I grew nauseous. I started throwing up and then proceeded to throw up not one, not two but three more times.

Fortunately, Keith had been right behind me because I woke him up in my frantic attempt to get to bathroom, which I did successfully, and tried his very best to make throwing up not so horrible. He held back my hair and pressed a cold washcloth against the back of my neck while peppering kisses against my shoulders. It still sucked, but with him right behind me I felt better knowing I wasn't alone.