32 - Domestic Life

Thank you for your request ChicaGitana , sorry it's kinda (is) shitty

Modern AU

(KeithxPregnant!Reader)

You hum quietly to yourself as scrub the plate in your hand, warm water cascading over your fingers and the ceramic.

It was Saturday, your day off. Keith had to work in the mornings before coming home, spending the rest of the day helping you with mundane chores and shate quality time. You loved the weekends, they put you at ease.

Discarding the freshly clean plate into the drying rack, you move on to the next dirty dish, leaving only a few more to go in your nearly empty sink. You yawn as you leisurely scrub the inside of a coffee mug, tendrils of sleep still creeping around in your mind. It was already 10:00 am but you wanted nothing more than to slip back under the covers and go to sleep, preferably with Keith at your side.

Maybe once he comes home I'll ask him to nap with me, You think to yourself as you put the mug on the rack, I doubt he'll say no.

You wash two more dishes, working on your third, when you hear the sound of a car pull up in your driveway. Looking out the kitchen window, which was conveniently placed adjacent to said driveway, you spot Keith in the driver's seat. You smile to yourself, happy to see him.

You continue washing the bowl in hand, not bothering to look up as the front door's lock jiggles.

"Y/N!" Keith calls out as the door swings open, then closed.

"I'm in the kitchen!" You call back, frowning at piece of cereal stuck to the side of the bowl.

You hear shuffling in the foyer, then the sound of approaching footsteps before you feel the warm press of someone against your back.

"Hi, Love." Arms slither around you as Keith nuzzles your neck, warming your skin with his breath

"Morning, Beautiful."

You smile at pet name as you put away the bowl and pick up the second to last dish.

"Didn't you say that to me when I woke up a few hours ago?" You ask, voice only slightly teasing.

Keith's lips curl against your neck at your question, grin growing on his face.

Placing a flutter kiss to your jaw, Keith murmurs affectionately, "It was important enough to repeat."

You laugh softly before replying with a, "Whatever you say."

Keith smiles against your jaw, pressing one last kiss to your skin before laying his head on your shoulder.

"How has your guys' morning been?" Keith asks, hands moving to gently cup the prominent bump on your abdomen.

Seven months (27 weeks to be exact), you had been pregnant. Your third trimester had just barely started but you were just dying to see your child. You could barely wait to hold your baby in your arms, see what child had come from you and Keith. If they had any of your boyfriend's genes, you're sure they will be beautiful.

You could remember so vividly when you found out, even more so when you told Keith. He was in shock at first, just staring at you as you waited nervously for his reply. Those few seconds of silence were probably the most stressful you had ever experienced.

But then his eyes started to water, and he cupped your face as he started to choke out he was going to be a father. When you nodded, reassuring him he heard you correctly, he started to laugh, tears streaming down his face as he pick you and twirled you around before holding you to his chest, crying and laughing until you were crying and laughing right along with him.