36 - Nightmares

I rewrote the 1st chapter and plan on rewriting alot of the others so go check it out (if you want)

It was dark; Black with no light.

Keith stepped hesitantly into the emptiness, unsettled by the deafening silence.

He did not like it here.

It set him on edge, instincts screaming he should flee, run and hide.

But what else was he to do; Stand motionless?

Keith walked for what felt like hours despite no sign of progress. He could have not moved at all and wouldn't have a clue.

He looked ahead, feeling drawn to the void infront of him.

Finally, he saw a figure- No, figures, in the distance.

Relief spread through him, longing to be not alone. To not be abandoned in the dark.

Keith started to jog, then run, then sprint across the blackness, desperate to reach his goal.

He could see he was really moving now, figures growing larger as he moved faster.

It wasn't until he was within feet that he realized who it was:

His friends.

His brother.

You.

You were all facing away, backs to Keith as you stared aimlessly into the empty distance.

Keith called out, relieved, happy, to have companionship.

He hated to be alone.

You all turned, frightfully in sync, expressions filled with revulsion, disgust.

Loathing.

Keith took a step back, hatred on your faces like a punch to gut, but stumbled.

He fell backward, landing on his tailbone. He flinched, despite not feeling the pain, that pain.

His heart was aching, bleeding in his chest as he saw the look on your faces, on your face.

It was happening all over again.

The rejection.

He hated to be alone.

Keith stares, unable to move, the fear of abandonment leaving him unable to move, to breathe.

You didn't have to say anything, he could feel it: The walls caving in as the people he loved brushed him off.

He hated to be alone.

One by one, the only people Keith could trust walk away, preferring the empty void instead of him.

Keith felt his world crumble as he stared at you, the only one left.

He hated to be alone.

"You're such a sad creature."

Your voice cut through him like a knife, his heart breaking, crying, begging for you not to do this to him.

"Weak. Worthless."

He hated to be alone.

"Pitful, really."