An encouraging encounter

Izuku doesn't like having his face slammed into walls repetedly, unfortunately training with the odm-gear involves a lot of that. After 2 hours of repeated face slamming he had enough. "Ok I think thats enough practice for today, but the exosceleton is at least compatible with the odm-gear now." He began to head out of the back alley, but before he got out two people stopped him at the entrance of the alley.

"Hey kid. What is someone like you doing in a place like this?" One of the men said while slowly walking towards Izuku. 'Just great, exactly what i needed' he tought to himself before turning around to find another way out of the alley. "We can't let you leave just yet kid. You see, we need something from you, then you can leave" a new man said as he stood in the other end of the alley blocking Izuku. "I don't have anything of value on me" he told the new man before turning towards the other two "and this equipment is not for sale."

A low growl came from the man who hasn't said anything yet "wrong choice kid!" he said as he started running towards Izuku transforming into something similar of a wolf. Izuku immediatly activated the odm-gear and flew right beside the attack and knocked him out with a charged hit from his staff. He continued flying towards the other man who started emitting fire forcing Izuku to stop the assault. "Whats wrong? Can't hand-" the man was cut of by a small exsplosion and a blinding light, making him turn off the quirk. Izuku used his staff and knocked the man out before turning towards the last one. "Impressive, you managed to take out my colleauges. Unfortunately for you I'm stronger than them!" He put his hands towards the ground seemingly using his quirk "What the-? I can't use my quirk" "Good for me then" Izuku smirked as he threw a smoke bomb over the man and boosting himself into the air. 

Just about as he was flying down to knock down the las man two streams of a grey scarf like materiel grabbed the man and pulled him away. When Izuku landed he looked confused over to where the man was pulled, and there he was bound by the scarf like material. Standing over him was a tired looking man with black clothes, a grey scarf and yellow goggles. "Eraserhead?" Izuku said to the hero. "Someone who recognises me. Thats rare, most people think I'm a villain or vigilante until I show the license. Whats your name kid?" "I-Izuku. Izuku Midoriya!" he said while walking towards the older man. "Okay Midoriya. Did you fight in self defense and did you use your quirk?" the hero asked as he handcuffed the criminals. "They attacked first so I guess that counts as self defece, and about the quirk part. I ... uhmm ... I am quirkless" Izuku said while looking down slightly ashamed. "Good, I don't have to do any paperwork. By the way, why does a kid like you have so much support equipment? Do you plan on a career in the support business or something?" Izuku looked at his equipment for a moment before looking back at the older man. "No. I know this might sound stupid, but I want to become a hero and attend at UA. Wait aren't you a teacher there?" 

Eraserhead was shocked by the response, but it didn't show. He thought on the idea of a quirkless hero for a while before giving his response. "Yes I work at UA and I will tell you something kid, so listen closely. You got potential and trust me thats a lot coming from me, also the idea of a quirkless hero, at least after what I saw, isn't so farfetched. Yes, you can never reach for the top, but it shouldn't be impossible to just be a smaller hero. Just look at me as an example, I fight essentially quirkless, my quirk only levels the playing field to a certain degree. Sometimes I face quirks I can't erase, like mutation types, they are really inconvinient for me. So I do believe that if you work hard enough" By this point Izuku was down on his knees, clutching his chest as he for the first time in his entire life had someone tell him the words he had always wanted to hear. From a hero working as a teacher on UA no less "You can be a hero" Eraserhead said to the now crying kid. "Come on, there is no such things as a crying hero" When Izuku finally stopped crying Eraserhead started to move on with his patrol. "Well, it was nice talking to you kid, I need to move on with my patrol. I do expect to see you in UA when the semester starts. Goodbye." The hero then walked away to continue his patrol. Izuku got his feet starting on his way home using his omd-gear so he got in more practice. He was filled with more hope than he ever have had in his life.

Later that night in a small apartment across town a now tired hero whent to bed deep in thought. 'A quirkless hero huh. I normally wouldn't even have considered it, but with how determined that kid seemed and how much experience and equipment he had, it may be possible. Maybe if he becomes a hero UA will finally change that damned entrance exam, it is so biased towards flashy and physicall quirks, I couldn't pass it not even now. But there was something that bothered me with how that kid reacted, he seemed like he expected me to push him away and tell him no. I wouldn't be suprised if he is bullied beacuse of his statues, but that reaction was something else. Maybe another hero told him no, but who?' Right then one of his cats jumped into the bed with him seeking for attention. 'I don't have time to think about this, there is school tomorrow, I need sleep' With that thought the sleep deprived man fell right into sleep so that he could be awakened by the alarm in a couple of hours.