Giving your all

Izuku stood in awe in front of the gates to UA, the school of his dreams. He never thought he would be able to enter the campus and yet here he was, ready to fight for his right to enter the most prestigious hero course in the country. As he entered people started looking at him beacuse of all the equipment he carried. It was to be expected, people relied on their quirks to pass the exam and therefore didn't think about support gear before they had already passed. Izuku didn't pay atention to them, he was to occupied by the thought of being so close to his dream. In fact he was so lost in thought of taking his first steps towards being a hero that he forgot he was also taking real step and tripped in his own feet. However the cold hard impact of the ground didn't come, instead he floated? "W-what is happening?!" "Oh, I'm sorry I used my quirk on you without permision" a girl on his age said. She had brown hair and a bright smile. "I just thought it would be bad luck tripping before the exam" She said while making Izuku stand upright before canceling her quirk. "I'm Ochako Uraraka, good luck on the entrance exam!" She said cheerfully before running towards the briefing hall. Izuku dumbfounded by the whole event took a while before realising he would be late if he din't hurry up too.

"Welcome future heros to your chance at getting into the course of your dream! Can I get a YHEAAAAAAA!!" The whole hall was silent to focused on the exam ahead. "Wow though crowd. Anyway soon you will be sent to one of five replica cities to participate in the practical exam. There you will fight faux villains to get points. There are three types each one with an own point value from one to three. You will have to destroy or immobilise these villains to get the points. Any questions?" The pro hero Present Mic looked acros the hall when a tall boy with blue hair and square glasses stood straight up. "Yes! On the informational sheet there are clearly four different faux villains. If this is a misprint it will surely tarnish the reputation of this prestigious school!" "Thank you participant number 7111. There is a fourth type of villain, the 0 pointer. This faux villain is more like an obstacle to avoid, of course you can attack it, but there is no point in doing so. Now remember the school slogan! PLUUUS UULTRAAA!!" Silence followed except from on small chough. "Now get to the busses that will take you to the exam grounds" The pro said as people started to depart for their chance at becoming heros.

As Izuku was about to enter the buss Present Mic stopped him. "Kid does all that equipment have anything to do with your quirk?" Izuku froze for a moment before giving his answer "N-no you s-see I am-" "If it doesn't have anything to do with your quirk that will not give you an advantedge then you can't bring it, so you will have to leave it behind." "Hizashi let him bring his gear, it's fine. He uses it for a reason" a tall and tired pro hero dressed in black clothes told his friend. "Eraserhead?" Izuku muttered "Yes kid now go and don't fail the exam" "Yes sir! I will try my best" He said as he entered the buss and it drove off. "Shota, why make an exception for this kid? Do you see potential in him?" The louder hero asked. "Yes, he has potential. I saw him fight three thugs in self defence with that gear. Hadn't I taken out the last guy he probably still would have won. As for why I'm making an exception, he is quirkless and I believe he can make a change by becoming a hero." "A QUIRKLESS KID!! IN A HERO SCHOOL!? UA no less" Present Mic exclaimed making the calmer of the two cover his ears. "He may be quirkless, but he has made really good support gear and has the skills to back them up. You also know I don't like the current way society looks at heros with the flashy quirks getting all the attention. Despite the fact there are many more quirks that could be way more usefull. A simple brainwashing quirk could stop both the most powerfull villains and heros under the right circumstances." "Yes I know your stance on the subject, but still a quirkless kid in UA? He will be killed! But I trust your judgment. Anyways I have to get to the site and you to the observation room. Want to have some pizza afterwards?" "Yes that would be nice. See you later." The tired hero answered as he set off towards the observation room.