⋆..𝐶𝑟𝑦𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑦..⭒

𝑃𝑂𝑉: 3𝑟𝑑,

|

-ˋ∘ˏ✎⟿

Death.

It was a sight he was all too familiar with.

Familiar, yeah. Time and time again he was subdued witness to it. But that didn't make it any easier to get over, to see, to watch happen right before his eyes.

No.

No, so why was it a trial he had to endure time and time again?

The irony tang of blood grieving in the air: the earth crumbling before his knees as he dropped to the ground, the reminder of that first horrific and rainy expedition–

Life slipping through his fingers like grains of sand. And not a thing he could do about it. Hopeless.

"Eren," he screamed, a sound so hollow it wouldn't even pass as a whisper.

He screamed, and screamed, and screamed.

The dryness in his voice, the cracking, drowning out in the pouring rain.

All he could do was watch. Watch as Eren forced a goofy smile. Watch as his eyes dulled and fogged.

Watch as he mouthed the three words Levi regretted to say. To hear.

"𝐼 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊."

-ˏˋ˓⋆✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

His eyes slowly opened, his chest falling with the shudder of a breath. He lied there, feeling nothing.

"...Eren...?" He whispered to the air, blinking as a single tear rolled down his cheek, a gentle tap! as it hit a pillow.

The smoothness of the sheets caressed his hand, the silence of the room ringing distortedly in his ears at the emptiness of the bed. He looked to his side, sliding his hand across the bare bedside.

He sat up quickly, struggling with the cover over him and sliding off of the bed. He grabbed a blanket and blindly made his way out of the dark room, thoughts racing and heart weakly beating. He didn't know what he was doing. Where he was going. Why this longing feeling in his chest hurt so fucking bad.

"Eren," Levi called again, staring at the ground as he dragged himself through the sad hall.

"Yeah?" He heard, snapping his head up at the near voice.

"Hey, sleepyhead." Eren smiled from the couch, tilting his head at the weird vibe he was getting. Something was off.

"What?" His smile dimmed, "why..are you crying?"

"Huh?" Levi spaced out, wiping his face to rid of the tears that continued to fall, warmth running down his neck and drenching his shirt. He was crying. He didn't know he was crying. Why was he crying? "What? Huh?"

"Levi," Eren stood, approaching and hovering over his crying boyfriend, "Baby..for real, what's going on?"

Levi could only shake his head and look up, dying under the serious glare in Eren's eyes, shaking as his tears pooled up in his hands. "I don't know," he cried, melting away as he was brought into Eren's arms.

They wandered over to the couch, sitting side by side but facing each other. Eren looked helplessly at Levi, the only sound and light coming from the tv and illuminating the two. He slid his hands under Levi's, which were still catching tears. At times like this, his sense of humor would usually shine, but this unfortunately wasn't one of those times.