𝑇𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑃𝑒𝑡

𝑃𝑂𝑉: 𝐿𝑒𝑣𝑖, 𝑎 𝑚𝑒𝑠𝑠.

|

-ˋ∘ˏ✎⟿

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw.

Man when the hell is this class going to end? I've been here for more than 45 minutes I was sure, a glance at the clock proved me wrong, I've only been here for 5 minutes..

I fake sobbed quietly to myself and folded my arms on my desk, laying my head on them and staring out the window to my side. The sun was nowhere to be found and dark clouds roamed the once clear sky, rain poured down like the tears I cried when I used to get my report card in 7th grade: creating a dark and sullen mood that I was living for. It was like that on my drive here, my mother mercifully drove me today because she didn't want me walking to school when a storm could start any second, it didn't, but she's a worrisome woman.

First period, right now, and the teacher hasn't shown. My ass and everyone else's stood outside the locked classroom door for a hot minute before a substitute showed up saying she would be watching the class until the actual teacher showed. What a disappointment, I was actually looking forward to having his class, not that I would participate or anything, I'm too "shy" you could say, I just think he's a swell teacher.

I sat up when a paper was placed on my desk, I looked back at the substitute that passed me and then back at the paper, I almost forgot this was history, my weakest subject.

"Oh my, looks like we need more papers. Would someone like to go to the copy room for me?"

No. I didn't say anything, just looked at my paper like I was planning on placing the tip of my pen on it. This lady and her question was making me nervous, I wanted someone to say something so she didn't decide to randomly pick someone. When I say getting out of my seat, standing up, taking a paper from the substitute, walking in front of the class and exiting the room as the class remained silently watching me do these actions would give me a panic attack, I mean it.

I thought my heart was trying to kill me. The silence after the lady asked was so eerie and awkward I wanted to jump out of the window and go home. I didn't want to draw any attention so I decided the smart thing to do was not move, so I did that, an attempt to save my life.

I stared at the paper again, okay one of the questions I could easily answer; 'Name 3 dictators and the country's they ruled over.

Hitler, Germany.

Mussolini, Italy.

That one emperor of Japan, Hirohito?

Yeah, I was pretty sure that was right. The three dictators during WW2, my interest in wars is honestly the only reason I actually payed attention in class.

"Oh, Miss Vancouver I'm pretty sure the teacher's pet would love to go to the copy room, right Levi?"

I looked up at the mention of my name, and the tone of the girls voice, I unwillingly rolled my eyes at the sight of her. Christine, I had nothing against her, she just really tried it with me for some reason. I had never done anything to conflict her so I just never understood. The only reason I can say I haven't fought or killed her yet is because of her friend named Valerie, she's a small, cute and sweet girl that had a way with words so I spared Christines life for her, but now I'm just tired.

'Teachers pet', she needs Jesus or someone, I don't even know at this point.

"Levi?" The substitute asked, looking around the room, "where is she?"

"Ma'am, I'm a dude." The words left me before I could do anything about it. I didn't say it in a rude way, just wanted to get my point across, hey, at least I didn't settle for an awkward hand raise or "here" the embarrassment of that would have killed me in my seat.