Chapter 18.5

Four years before

Somewhere in Italy...

The town bustled with people. Carts, containing goods, maneuvered through the streets. People mingling in the crowd spent their time looking through items and shop owners calling out to customers to visit their stalls. A sweet aroma from a bakery flooded out and dispersed throughout the air.

Occasional tourists took photos of old architecture, listening to the tour guide explaining the city's history. Sandy hued brick houses lined narrow streetways.

"Hey," a woman piped up in English, nudged her companion. "Look at that guy seated at the bench reading a newspaper."

"Oh my," her colleague blushed. "He's hot."

"Girl, should we talk to him?"

"I don't know...he looks scary," The women whispered not-so-discreetly with one another. Eventually, they went up to the man.

"U-um, excuse me," one of them stuttered in broken Italian. "May we have a picture with you?"

Under tousled black bangs, cloudy blue eyes glanced up from the newspaper

Under tousled black bangs, cloudy blue eyes glanced up from the newspaper. Smooth skin was like a sheet of silk cloth. Angular jaw perfectly accentuated the facial structure.

'Picture...?' Azusa thought. Unknown to him, the women cowered under his neutral look as he pondered over.

"Why should I?" He redirected the question. He thought it seems like a simple question, but the women mistook it as a threatening gesture. Azusa gazed at their trembling hands, clasped against their hearts. 'Is it cold?'

"Azusa-aniki! We bought sweet buns!" A young man with long straight pink hair and dressed in formal black suit raced to the older man, behind a tall, dark-skinned man followed closely. He slid to a stop before the women and thrust the bag of pastries into Azusa's hands.

"My apologies, ladies, if this man scared you," the taller of the pair bowed to them. The two women sputtered responses, relieved that they got out of the tension.

"Tazaru, Nosaru, what are you doing here?" Azusa held the paper bag; his hands touched the bottom to feel the warmth of the freshly baked bread.

"You leave without notice! At least, tell one of the members that you went out, Bro!" Nosaru yelled at him.

"Don't you know how to treat women? You almost made them peed in their pants. Good thing, we were around before anything happens," Tazaru came up to them, he made a disapproval face at the black-haired man.

Azusa grunted and returned to his newspaper. Nosaru sighed loudly, used to his cold attitude.

"Anyway, what's your purpose outside?" He asked.

"Waiting for an idiot," Azusa replied shortly, eyes never leave the newspaper.

"Who's the idiot?"