Chapter 9: Grief

Everything painted red. The sound of the gun shot rung in the air. My eyes witness the small child's death. Mami...a cute, cheerful girl...my little sister...she died... Why must she passed on early? She did nothing...

Something prickled inside me, spread out towards my limbs. It raged against my body to come out. 

I laid on the ground, blood pouring out from my knee, eyes stared at the dead body of Mami. The picture would forever haunt me in my memories. The immeasurable weight on my shoulders crushed me. I knew this was coming. I tried to stop Daemon. To protect them. Yet do they deserve to die? The awful hollowness in my heart threatened to engulf my mind, body and soul. I couldn't help thinking I should have tried harder to protect them. Time slowly healed wounds. It will take years to overcome the scars. How long will I bear with it?

After killing her, Daemon-disguised as Iemitsu-walked to me. His cold hands grabbed the back of my collar and pulled me up to face him.

...

"Nufufu to think that you are here, I wonder how she managed to stay alive," Daemon chuckled darkly. His smirk stretched far at the corners. He felt intrigued when he saw the child. She has a resemblance to the former. He clearly remembered how she sealed her flames. The consequences disabled the user's vision and their body immunity to weaken. But then how did she live afterwards? To be able to get a descendant, her will must have continued to fight on. The torchlight was now passed on to this little one.

His amber-brown eyes stared at the mix of blue, green and yellow. Light rays reflected off made the irises shimmered. His hand reached up to point the gun at her head.  

A sharp gasp escaped her small mouth. The child in his grip struggled to get free. Her injured leg dangled limply, small droplets of blood trickled down. 

"L-Let go of me!" she yelled in a high-pitched voice. Arms swung clumsily to hit him. Quite a fiery type. 

"Nufufu, should I let you live? You were not part of my plans, more like an unnecessary prey," Daemon pressed the gun on her forehead. The cold metal touched her skin sent shivers down her spine. An audible gulp went down her throat. Her eyes were wide and the hairs on her nape bristled. Her small hands gripped on his wrist, shaking non-stop. 

If she died, this will be her last chance to live. Her father and mother; they will cried in despair if their only child left this world. She will never see the world again. The prickling sensation increased, coming from her core, convulsing her insides. Something persuaded her to let it out.

She didn't want to die. She didn't want to leave again. She have left her childhood friends and family in her previous life. She hated leaving everyone behind. Yet, was it necessary for her to live in this world? If she was gone, the plot will go just like the anime. No complications or twists. What about her? 

Her eyes began to burn. Her trembling hands clenched on Daemon's wrist. Daemon furrowed his eyebrows as he noticed the sudden strength from her hands. The air around her changed. Before, he could sense the fear coming from her. Now, the girl seems different.

Her white blonde bangs hid her eyes. Her hands crushed his bones as she looked straight at him. Daemon jerked back when he saw her eyes. 

No longer were they the same colors. Glowing white pupils glared at him. Her lips pulled into a straight line. 

"Put me down."

Daemon's grip loosened as the tremendous strength broke his wrist. Chisaki fell back on the ground like a rag doll. The white glow in her eyes dissipated as pain shot from her back. She let out a yelp. Her head spun in circles. She just blanked out when Daemon dropped her. The amount of blood loss made her body clammy and weak.