Chapter 6: Visitor part 2

I walked to the living room carrying a tray, consisting of cups filled with the aromatic tea. I gingerly placed it on the coffee table, my ears picked up on the ongoing conversation between Mother and our relative.

"It has been a while since I last heard from you," Mother smiled at the man, I mean, Uncle. 

"Where is the idiot?" He reached out a slender hand and took the cup by the handle. 

"My apologizes, Yuto-kun has work today. I am not sure when he will come back."

"That idiot..."

 I sat on the couch with Mother, hands fidgeting with the fabric of my dress. My eyes darted around the house except the man sitting in front of me. Several seconds dragged by as Azusa averted his eyes to me. I tried not to flinch. I could not bear to look at those black orbs. I felt intimidated under his eyes, his stare felt like a lion preying on his meal. 

"Your daughter inherited your facial features, aside her hair were from the father. Her eyes seems to be a tone darker but have different colors..."

"Oh really? I don't know if she looks like me or Yuto-kun...," Mother muttered softly. Deep in her heart, somewhere, she wished she could see how her daughter looks like. Her husband told her that Chi-chan resembled her in many ways. Which basically meant 'She is cute, just like you'. His words were simple, perhaps of his doting nature towards them. 

"Is she like me or her father?" she asked curiously.

"Mostly, the idiot, but more feminine. She has chubby red cheeks and her round eyes like you."  

Mother pouted at that. Her daughter has to take after her husband more than her. 

An audible click was heard from the door. A ker-chunk sound followed then a creak. 

"Mari-chan! Chi-chan! I am home!" the familiar voice of my father exclaimed.

Heavy treads across the wooden flooring, the tall statue of Father emerged, a giddy look on his face.

"Chi-chan~ Do you mis- Why are you here?!" Shock replaced his expression. His index finger pointed straight to Uncle who was sipping on the tea without a care.

"Ara, Yuto-kun, you came back early today. Did something happened at work?"

"Yeah, something came up-But that does not explain why this guy is in my house!" Father ruffled his hair in a rough manner.

"I am here because Boss ordered me so to visit you," Uncle looked at the orange-brownish liquid, his face reflected on the clear surface. He did not spare a glance at Father.

"But why they sent you?! Argh, what are they thinking...? Can't I have some peace with my family...," Father grumbled, dark clouds hovered over his head. 

"Stop being immature. I am sent here because the others are busy and Boss wanted to give you this,"He pulled out an envelope underneath his jacket and handed it to Father. My eyes caught a symbol on the front of the envelope. It was brief before Father flipped it. I think it looked like a flower with five petals.

Father flipped open the lid and took out the contents. His blue orbs moved across each sentence. As he read, the colors on his face turned pale and his eyes widened. His hands clenched the thin paper, creating wrinkles on the material. He closed his eyes as he placed the paper back into the envelope.

"...I see... So they are here already. Haha, they are really quick on their feet." Father looked down at the ground, his bangs shadowed his eyes. 

"And they just arrived today. They planned to abduct the kid before I interfered."

Father clenched his fists, the envelope crumpled in his grip. His shoulders shook as a deep chuckle rumbled from his throat.