Chapter 17: Bento and Mother

I yawned as I walked down the neighborhood street. My eyes have bags underneath. When I have a good dream, the alarm has to disrupt my precious moment. Well, Kyoya mostly did the waking part as my lazy ass continued to sleep.

The sweet smell of cherry blossoms lightened my head as pink petals fluttered around me. It's almost Spring season as April came close. When I thought of school, I felt a nerve hit me. I was about to graduate and get into a college, then everything restarts from square one. I missed my friends and little Nugget. I wonder what they were doing.

"EXTREEMMMMMEEEEE!!!"

I jolted up, all sleepiness cleared away. I looked over my shoulder to see something barreling towards me. A silver-haired boy yelled out as he ran, leaving sand and dust behind him.

"MOVE! MOVE!"

He yelled. I snapped out, realizing that shout directed to me and stepped to the side. A storm of dust poofed into my face as he passed by me. I accidentally inhaled the particles, inducing watery eyes and coughs. I wiped the residue from my face and fanned the dirty air. At least, this life got more exciting stuff.

I made way to the gates of Namimori Elementary School.

Time always flows slower in school.

Whenever I enjoyed my leisure time, I found it over soon. In school, it's a whole new universe.

I sat on my desk, eyes slowly drooping to shut. My ears zoned out the teacher's babbling. I wonder how people stayed awake in class.

 I looked around the class, observing anyone in particular. So far, Tsuna, Kyoko, and Hana in this class. I wonder how in the world, Kyoko did not notice Tsuna.

I began to wonder what Aunt Yukari made for lunch today. My mouth began to drool, hoping to dig into the food soon. Food is life. I don't care what others think.

The school bell rang. I wasted no time pulling my lunch bag out. I opened the zipper and noticed the chopsticks was the only thing inside. I shook the contents of the bag and stuck my head inside, thinking that my bento hid somewhere deep.

I pulled back and sat there, contemplating the disappearance of my lunch. Did I leave it at home? No, Aunt Yukari always made sure to pack for me. Or did I take the wrong bag?

"Chi-chan, what did you bring for lunch?" Kyoko asked as she combined her desk with mine.

"You looked like you seen a ghost. Is there anything happen?" Hana asked as she rose an eyebrow at me.

"I-I think I forgot my bento at home," I hung my head in dread. Kyoko gasped and proceeded to console me like a good friend.

"If you would like, I can share my lunch with you," Kyoko insisted.

"N-No, it's fine, I-I can go through the day without lunch," I thanked her for the kindness. Both girls continued with their offers as they worried about my health.

"You can't skip lunch! What if you faint," Kyoko frowned.

"You can have half of mine, wouldn't want you to die of starvation in the middle of class," Hana added.

My heart moved to their concern. I was about to say I have some pocket money, but since the girls insisted, I would.

"A-A-A-Ano, C-C-Chi-chan," a small voice spoke in front of me. Red tinted his cheeks as Tsuna held his bento to me.

"Y-You can have my lunch too."

"Tsuna...you too," my eyes softened. Tsuna has such a big heart. Who could hate such a cute boy?