Chapter 7: Soon

I noticed Father's behaviors changed in some ways. The day after the visit, he bought back several surveillance cameras and installed each in every nook and corner. He even gave me a pepper spray to 'chase away those bad guys',he said. Every morning, he would walked with me and Enma to school while looking around the surroundings, eyes narrowed as if someone was following us. I asked him about it and he just smiled.

"It is for safety." was his reply. I knew there were more than just safety. The possibility must be those guys from before who tried to kidnap me. That made Father high on alert as they might be coming back. He wanted to protect me. It touched my heart when he did this to ensure my safety. Part of me still wondered about those men being related to Father. Was Father once a part of those guys? Then they might have plans on payback or something which make them keen on kidnapping me as I was his child.

 Mother thought it was merely a family member visiting to have a chat with Father based on work, so she paid no heed to Father's actions. Though she questioned him on why would he gave a pepper spray to a three year old who has yet to learn how to protect herself. Her point made sense as I have no knowledge of fighting nor defending myself. In this anime, the plot revolves around mafia thus it was a need to have skills to survive against enemies. Tsuna and his co will be immersed in the mafia when they became fourteen-years-old. I was glad that I am the same age as them. That meant that I could actually interact with them. 

"Chi-chan, are you okay?" a hand came into my vision. I blinked, returning back to reality. Red eyes looked at me with concern. Adelheid crouched down as sheplaced a hand on my forehead to check my temperature. Enma stood besides me, holding onto my hand. He tilted his head at me, eyes curious and worried about me.

"Hm... No fever. Are you really okay, Chi-chan? You looked like in a daze," she brushed my bangs from my face. I smiled and shook my head.

"I'm fine!"I patted her head as I said. No use dwelling in those thoughts. I needed to find a way to stop that man. 

She smiled and held my other hand in hers as she stood up. We walked side by side, looking at the scenery around us. Today was Saturday so Adelheid has the free time to spend time with me. We often took a stroll in the town or played with the others. This day, we were going to the park to hang out with the rest of the kids.

"Finally, you guys are here!" A green-haired boy with the same red hair huffed. Aoba Koyo. Four years old. At a young age, he wore spectacles. It surprised me that he has short sight earlier. When he was a baby does he have that? If I remember from the manga during his fight with Ryohei, he has eyes that allows him to gauge the opponent's vital points. However, the drawbacks cause his eyes to overheat if used for a long while. Thus, he wore glasses to prevent that when he was not in combat. Quite troublesome to have those eyes yet at the same time useful. 

"Sorry for keeping you waiting, Koyo," Adelheid apologizes as we walked towards the group of children.

"Why did you bring the little girl along?" Koyo pointed at me. Such a young boy turned out to be a vain one. Even when he was in middle school. 

"I bought her along as I wanted to spend time with her," she said. Koyo scoffed and narrowed his eyes at me.

"She looks weak and delicate. She might not know how to play."

I glared at him. His attitude sparked anger inside me. He underestimated me due to my small and innocent appearance.

"I can play! Don't look down on me!" I exclaimed at him. The comment seems to rile him up as he shouted back.

"Oh yea! Let's see how, little girl!"

"Just you wait and see, four eyes!" I struck my tongue out at him, enraging his temper more. Enma looked between us and sighed as if this was a common occurrence.