Chapter 1: Reincarnated

When I opened my eyes, all I saw was just darkness, like pure black. Where is this place? Shouldn't there be someone in black cloaks to guide us? I mean souls need to be send to the afterlife right? In this space, silence was my only companion. It felt...tranquility for some reason. I mean, everything around is dark. Nothing is here. Surely, I would have a case of Nyctophobia if I were alive. 

 I recall pushing Dan to solid land, lost my grip, and fell into the gap. The fall felt endless. I thought I will be struck falling for eternity. Yet the aftermath...I don't want to talk about it. Let's just say I took a hard fall.

Though the shadow speaking to me gave me chills. I have a feeling I have angered the heavens. What happened after I fell? What did that thing do afterwards? I hope my friends were safe. 

 After all the thoughts, I wonder what am I going to do now. Maybe the person in white dress can tell me-

A person?!!

Holy mother of- Is she a ghost?! Is she going to hurt me?! Wait, I am also a ghost. 

....

"H-Hello, can you talk?"

Welp, way to start a conversation to a friend of my kind. The woman just stood there, her white blonde hair bangs covered half of her face. I looked at her, unsure what to say to her. 

"H-Hey, my name is Saikawa Jun. W-What about you?"

Awkward silence passed by us, and my eyebrow start to twitch in annoyance. If she could speak at least a word, I would greatly appreciated. I took small steps towards her, just a few feet away in case a jump-scare happened. I bend at my waist and tried to peek under those bangs. Upon a closer inspection, I noticed she has a fairly white complexion and long hair that curled at the ends. The white dress hugged her petite figure and flowed down her knees. 

Though her figure appealed my eyes, her chest was sort of flat or average. While I was inspecting her, I noticed a faint outline of a tendril from the corner of my eyes. The white-barely seen-ribbon came from the woman's chest, swirling in mid air. My eyes followed the movements of the threadlike ribbon, ending at my chest. I froze, eyes enlarged at where it leads to. Why me? 

"Her soul is connected to you, young child."

I jumped ten feet in the air. That voice! Its from the shadow before! What its doing here?! Is it going to eat me and send me to hell?!

"There is no need to be afraid, child. I will not send you to hell. Only those who did made evil deeds will be sent there," the voice chuckled.

It read my mind! My mind spun in frenzy. I looked around, trying to find where he was. Judging from the deepness of the voice, the vocals were masculine. 

"I am nowhere, rather I am the space you inhabited."

"W-What did you mean?" I croaked out, eyes darting around. 

"I am the dark void you resided in, between the heavens and the ground. After you died, I took your soul with me."

"Why would you do that?" I finally found my voice and gathered my emotions.

"You met an early end at the age of eighteen, still young, you have yet to experience your life. You were not foolish like your friends on trespassing. You went along to take care of them if something happens." 

"Of course, I have to! What will happen if I don't go along with them? I will feel unrest if they did not come back," I looked down at my feet. They were my only friends in my life.