Chapter 8: Intrude

Sun sank lower in the horizon, dimmed bright lights cast rich hues of red blended with orange, purple, crimson. People crowded the streets like ants. The city bustled with lights, music, voices. The night was still active. After a long day of work, most dragged their feet home to rest for the next day.

Makoto brushed past people, mumbling apologies when his shoulder hit someone. He just sold a painting at a decent price and felt content afterwards. Being an art dealer can be hard. He needed to keep an eye on the art market as it fluctuates depending on the various trends. 

He walked along the sidewalk, observing the people when, without warning, a hard force ran into him that he fall back. He groaned on the ground. The person frantically sputtered apologies to him and offered him a hand.

"Thank you," Makoto politely said as he took his hand. He made eye contact with the stranger. A pair of brown eyes belonged to a young boy, a middle school student, with short raven hair. 

"Are you okay, mister?" The boy looked up at him, concern swirled in his eyes. Makoto smiled at him and patted his head.

"No worries, boy. I am fine. Be careful when you are running," he softened his gaze on him. He was a father of two children. His paternal instincts flared up when he met a child. 

"Hai, thank you, again, I apologized for running into you. Bye!" he waved at Makoto before he disappeared in the crowd. The adult smiled to himself, his mind wondered how his wife and children were doing. He walked across the traffic, looking forward to see his family at home. 

His hands dug into his pockets to protect from the cold air. He froze in his steps. He rummaged his pockets, his wallet and phone remained, yet his personal gun went missing. His heart thudded against his ribcage. His wide eyes darted around the sea of people. 

Somewhere, someone pickpocket his gun. Why do they take the weapon? Would it be more valuable to take the wallet or phone?  He did not know the culprit. There could only be one in the crowd of hundreds. Concerned, he thought he left it somewhere or someone who made contact with him snatched it away. Makoto gulped, his throat patchy and dry, as he jogged back where he came from to figure out the source.

Meanwhile, a raven child smirked to himself as he watched the man panicked. In his hands, he gripped the firearm. Everything planned from the start was going well. The vision of his dreams will come true soon. He will eradicate the weak family to plant a seed of hatred in the young heir. He will use the future Tenth generation to annihilate the other party. He will killed anyone, innocent or not, who dare to stop him. They will fall into his hands and be his puppets for his goal. 

"Nufufufu...," indigo flames covered him, leaving behind the body of the child stumped in the alley.

| ...|

Years elapsed before I realized. Those years filled with memories I spent in this world. The days I felt were unreal as I mingled with fictional characters who become my friends and family. They were supposed to be fake, yet I made bonds with them like any human beings. They also have feelings and thoughts, and their own identity. 

Living in this world, I felt my previous memories slowly fading as the new ones replaced it. Though pieces of my childhood friends and my family still lingered in my mind. No longer am I Saikawa Jun. This world began to feel real around me as I got use to this life. 

Life was mundane as always. Woke up to the same routine, to another new day. The man has not shown up yet. I have a feeling he will show up. A sense of foreboding consumed my thoughts. I still have no plan on how to stop him. He hid himself in illusions, using different identities and borrowing bodies to thrive on. All for the sake of Vongola.