Lion.

~Danny~

"Maybe we should go out to eat."

Do you really think I'm made out of money? I think, rolling my eyes a little. "How about a movie?"

"What movie?" Her voice asked through to my phone.

"Uhh," I looked at the paper, "There is... Paranormal-"

"Paranormal activity 3!" She interrupted me.

I wasn't very fond of horror movies. Pop outs and all the scary things freaked me out. People being possessed creeped me out. The way they could bend in inhuman ways gave me chills. Then some son of a bitch had to make a movie about all of it.

"Sure.." My voice cracked a little, and I chuckled nervously, hoping that she wouldn't hear it.

"Okay! I'll see you around 7!" She hung up, and I put my phone in my pocket shortly afterward.

The day drug on and on as if it was maple syrup trying to escape from it's bottle. Waiting around in my house for almost a whole day was too much. I mean, I have a game console, but it just wasn't the same. Why? I'd ask that question to myself. I used to play it in my free time.

Knocks are at my door, and I feel myself open my eyes from an unexpected nap. It's 7, and I was supposed to get Sondra at 6:30. I jumped up from the couch, hardly awake and I ran clumsily to the door. It was Sondra.

"You.. Forgot?" She asks, looking behind me.

"I fell asleep," I tell her, and I let her in while I put my shoes on, "I'm so sorry."

"It's alright. There's previews and all that so.." Sondra shrugged her shoulders as I grabbed my car keys.

We both walked outside, and she started babbling about some TV show that she was watching, how she hated it. Then Sondra asked when my birthday was, answering with a "Oh cool, my birthday's in June." I couldn't help but shake my head slightly from the comment.

Stan by Eminem was playing on the radio. I'm surprised that I could hear it play since it was only a whisper. I turned it up as I drove to the theater. It felt as if Sondra was staring at me, so I glanced at her. She was.

"My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I..

got out of bed at all

The morning rain clouds up my window..

and I can't see at all

And even if I could it'll all be gray,

but your picture on my wall

It reminds me, that it's not so bad,

it's not so bad.."

By the time I set my eyes back on the road, I'd thought that she would look away. She didn't. This just made me feel weird, so I glanced at her again curiously. Her blue eyes examined mine like a lost puppy's, and I turned to keep my eyes on the road.

"This song.. It's just.. I don't know." I felt her eyes peel off me, as if they had been glued onto me and the glue dried quickly. I sighed in relief and I felt better.

"And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it

I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me!"

Sondra's hand reached out and turned the radio all the way down. The car was quiet, the only thing you could hear was the vibrating as I drove. I heard her sigh loudly, as if letting out something that has been inside her for so long. I glanced at her. A tear streak was against her face, and the tear dripped from her chin onto her shirt. I pulled over.