Thanksgiving

Y/n's POV
"Aw the bliss of Thanksgiving. The food- the no work," I said happily since today I was actually willing to wake up to my alarm. I walked down stairs and began making breakfast. I decided to make pancakes (if you don't like them then you can pretend it's something else :). Since I woke up before any one else, I left a note saying
                                     -I made some pancakes feel free to eat them 'cause I already ate
                                     - left the house if you need to contact me just call or text I'll hopefully answer

                 I went over to the grocery store to see if I could find some ingredients to make some good food for tonight, but I had to take the bus since I can't bring groceries on my bike. While I was roaming through the store searching for the ingredients for my macaroni and cheese receipt, I bumped into someone. I can't believe I was so engrossed into shopping ugh stupid now you ran into someone *sigh*, I mentally said. "Sorry," I mumbled as I attempted to get away without the person recognizing me or something- hey all I'm saying is that there's always a possibility that I fixed their car or something, and the last thing I want to do is start a conversation. "Oh, you're fine," the guy said. He probably has one of those kind smiles plastered on his face, but I wouldn't know since I went to the next aisle without looking. While I was pushing my cart, I saw this caned soup cheese thing I needed for the receipt. So the ingredient was on the top shelf and sure I'm not short, but I'm not a giant either. (-if you're short than pretend either way the next scene will still happen) I started to attempt to climb the shelf just a little bit so I could reach the can. Suddenly two hands grabbed my waist. I let out a little squeak and a small blush appeared on my face, but I had to look down to see who had 'helped' me. I glanced down and a little behind to see a smirking Kai. I know it was Kai because his hair can't be mistaken with any other I'll tell you that. I guess he noticed that I recognized him since he felt the need to hold me up higher -_-The grip on my waist was beginning to hurt a little bit, and I think he noticed. Because then he had the fancy idea of putting me on his shoulders, but at least I got the stupid can- in fact I got ten of them- I was planning on making a lot of mac-an-cheese. While I had the cans in my hands, I was tempted to drop them on this dimwit, but I needed these cans closed not splattered all over the floor. "hey Kai," I said looking down. "Yeah," he responded looking up to me. "Do you mind putting me down now," I stared at him, through with this little game- I'm busy today and I don't have time for this!- is something I would yell at him, but we're in a store soooo. "What's the magic word" Kai said. "Why is that smirk still on your face? like seriously you've had that look since like I don't know five minuets ago!" I yelled in an inside voice so I wouldn't disturb other people. "Nope that's not it," Kai said. Oh My Word I WILL MURDER HIM! THE NEXT TIME HE THINKS HE'S SAFE I'LL KILL HIM. THAT LITTLE *insert screaming like when Eren from aot is about to do something epic and he screams* I mentally screamed trying to refrain myself from doing anything I might regret. "Put me down you, you, you hot head, or I will see to it that that pretty little face of yours is damaged so badly that even plastic surgery wouldn't help," I threatened and I think he got the memo since he placed me down immediately. "heh heh sorry y/n," Kai said with fear present in his beautiful eyes- wait what the heck am I saying! "oh um no it's fine. I kind of overreacted over nothing," I said. We both ended up laughing it off, and we shopped together. "I didn't know you cook. I always thought Zane was the chief" I said surprised when Kai told me he could cook. "Yeah, at least I'm better than Cole when it comes down to it," Kai responded. "wow, so what are you doing for Thanksgiving?" I asked as I started unpacking my products on to the conveyer belt. "Oh I actually have no idea. Last year we didn't really do anything special just a feast" he answered. "Ah a feast, can't get much better than that am I right," I said while mentally drooling at the thought of a Thanksgiving feast. I was saying my good-byes to Kai when he offered me a ride since I came on the bus. Of course I agreed, but something was lingering in the back of my mind- how long has it been since I've actually celebrated Thanksgiving.