1

"Hi everyone!  Welcome back to my channel!  Don't forget to like and subscribe to my channel!!"

Youtube has been a part of my life 4 years now.  I started my channel "Jade Storm" when I was 14.  I am now 18.  I do all kinds of videos like makeup videos, singing videos, vlogs, whatever my subscribers want to see.

"For today's video, I will be singing to a song that has been in my mind for a long time now.  You guys know I am obsessed with the kpop band BTS, so I am singing their song "I Need You".  It is one of my all time favorites from them."

I start to sing their song:

"...I need you girl 넌 아름다워
I need you girl 너무 차가워
I need you girl (I need you girl)
I need you girl, I need you girl..."

At the end of the video I say, "Thank you guys so much for watching!  Make sure to like and subscribe and I'll see y'all next week with a new video!! *blows a kiss*"

I love making videos for my subscribers, it is just so much fun to do and I really enjoy it and I love all of their nice, loving comments.

The next day I posted the video.  Within an hour I had 1 million views.  That has never happened to me before.  I only have 600k subscribers and I get about 8k views per video. 

I get a call from my friend Kim:

Before I could even say hello, she screams through the phone,

"Jade!!  I just watched your video!  You are SO GOOD!  AND 1 MILLION VIEWS ALREADY?! WHAT THE HECK!"

"Haha Kim I know.  It's crazy.  I don't know why this one is getting so many views.  I've made covers of other BTS songs before."

"I know!  But this one is, not meaning to offend you, WAY better than your other ones!  And you even made it to their one of their most popular songs!  AND you sounded amazing!"

"Kim you are the best friend in the whole world hahahaha."

From downstairs I hear my mom call me to come to dinner.

"Hey Kim I have to go eat dinner.  I'll talk to you later ok?"

"Okie kiss kiss."

After dinner with my family (mom, dad, and little sister), I get back to my room to see my phone blowing up with texts from all of my friends.

Kim: JADE CHECK YOUR YOUTUBE COMMENTS NOW

my other friend Lee: JADE YOUR YOUTUBE COMMENTS ARE ON FIRE RIGHT NOW

There are many other texts from them as well, but that is the gist of it.

So, I decide to check my Youtube comments because why not? 

As I am scrolling, I don't notice anything different.  Just the typical "wow this is so good" and stuff.  Nothing is popping out at me as crazy.  I scroll down a little bit more because there has to be a reason why everyone is telling me to check.  Once I scroll down a few more comments, I see it.

ibighit, the Youtube channel for Big Hit Entertainment, which is BTS' record company, commented on my video:

"Hello Jade, we loved your cover of one of our biggest bands' songs "I Need You".  How would you feel coming to see us in Los Angeles next week when the band goes there for a concert?  The boys loved your video as well and would love to meet you!  Please contact us with your answer!

-Big Hit Entertainment Team"

I was frozen in place.  Big Hit Entertainment wants to meet me?  A nobody from Arizona?  I'm barely even Asian.  I was adopted from China, so I'm not even Korean.  I can't speak any other language but English.  What is going on?

Out of nowhere I just scream and jump.

"JADE!  WHAT IS GOING ON? I HEARD SCREAMING!" my mom says while rushing into my room.

"BIG HIT ENTERTAINMENT, THE COMPANY THAT MANAGES BTS, WANTS TO MEET ME!  THE BAND WANTS TO MEET ME, TOO!"

"WHAT?!?!?! How did this happen?!"

"They saw my latest Youtube video of me doing a cover to "I Need You" by BTS!!  They want to meet me next week in Los Angeles!  Can I?!!?!?"

"Oh that's great!!  Of course you can!  As long, as I come too to make sure you're safe."

"SURE SURE WHATEVER THAT'S FINE!!  YAYAYYYYYY!"

I was jumping up and down and I was just so happy that next week I will be meeting my favorite boys in the whole world!