Còigeamh Bliadhna - An Gèam Mòr

22nd May 1976

22nd May 1976

         ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

This was it. The big game. It was the very last game of the year, the decider. Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw.

Carina could feel the anticipation coursing through her veins. She had been nervous before versing the Hufflepuffs back in November, but there had been the excitement of starting the season, of getting out there, of having all of the matches ahead of her. A sort of certainty of victory in her mind. She had been so scared for the Slytherin match, terrified they'd all get their asses handed to them, even as they barely scraped through with a draw after a lucky end of game shot.

But this... this was different.

This was the end.

And both sides were going down fighting.

May was warm and calm, everyone not quite completely sick of life from exams yet, but knowing there were OWLs ahead to do left everyone tense and on the edges of their seats. Especially for this final game.

The atmosphere in the changing room was equally tense. The anticipation was building and spreading like wildfire through all the players. As adrenaline shot through their limbs, they all knew this was it. They either won it or they lost the Cup. Everyone was equal at that moment; every house within a chance of reaching the Inter-House Cup, all based on the outcome of this one game.

Carina's heart was thumping in her chest as she looked around at her fellow players. Penelope Linwit was standing as cool and collected as usual against the wall. The shorter girl was never bothered by anything and could concoct a solution to any situation in minutes. She was all reason and logic and unshakable intelligence. As everyone began to get up and leave, Carina watched as Owen Rhoades hopped madly from bench to bench jumping and diving to the door. He was quick thinking and fast, bright and lively. His insane wit was amusing to behold, but dangerous to unsuspecting victims. For him, distracting people and confusing their minds was as easy as breathing.

Luke Greengrass gave Carina a reassuring, confident look as they walked out onto the pitch, all part of a single unit of cobalt blue, many parts of one swooping eagle. Working together to destroy their prey.

The smirking grin on Seeker, Daniel Thomas's, face as he glanced at the Gryffindors was a true Ravenclaw moment. Pure unfazeable intellect danced on his lips, a self confidence in his eyes that was sure. Certain. Waiting for victory. He blew a kiss to his boyfriend in the audience, Liam Finch, and Carina felt a jolt of happiness in her chest knowing that she helped to set them up.

All the players kicked off the ground, waiting in agitated anticipation for the game to start. As the captains made their ways to the middle of the pitches, Carina met Sirius's eyes. The grey gaze was fierce, daring her to beat him. And she planned to. He just smirked at her.