P2 XIV

Peter's hand traced her jawline and slide down and around to the nape of her neck.  Venus was surprised she could feel the light tickle past the hard steady drum of her heart.  The world fell away and the cold forest quickly became a distant memory.  All she could think of was Peter's lips on hers and the warm sensation that was slowly flowing through her.

She wasn't sure what the warm feeling in her chest was but she didn't want it to go away.  The kiss deepened and Venus was drowning in her bliss until Mars's face flashed in through her mind.  She quickly pulled away leaving a shocked and surprised Peter staring at her.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"Nothing," she lied, "I just thought I heard something."

Peter looked around trying to see what she might have heard and guilt rushed through her.  Not only guilty of lying to Peter but guilt for kissing him as well.  Mars was her first kiss and many of the feelings she felt while kissing Peter she had not that long ago felt while kissing Mars.

"I don't see anything," Peter stated.

"I must have imagined it," she meekly replied.

She looked down at his poorly banged leg, "I should probably look at that," she said pointing down to his injury.

"It's fine," he assured her, "it isn't nearly as bad as it looks."

Peter was right, it wasn't that bad, but Venus needed something to take her mind off both Peter and Mars.  The confliction between the two of them was killing her.  Mars had been a jerk lately, but she still loved him.  She wasn't sure if it was in the sense of one friend loving another, or if it was more than that.  

She also wasn't sure about her feelings toward Peter.  He had been so kind to her since he helped her escape, despite his sister's death.

She just needed time to figure it all out, and needed to keep her own emotions in check, which was a lot to ask of a pregnant woman.

Even though Peter protested against it Venus undid the makeshift wrappings around his injured leg.  It was hard to tell how bad it was through all the dried blood caked to his leg, but she was relieved to see that there wasn't a huge gaping wound.  From what she could tell it looked like the lion barely clipped his leg.  She still wanted to try and clean most of the blood away to see how bad it was.

She looked around to see what she could use and grabbed a handful of clean white snow.   

"This is going to be cold," she warned.

She didn't wait for Peter's response and gently rubbed the snow against his leg.  Peter jerked against the sudden shock of cold against his skin, but the snow was melting away the blood and revealing the damage that was done underneath.

The cut was deep but not so deep that Venus thought it would need to be stitched together, which was good since she had neither thread or needle on her.

"I wish we had something better to wrap it in," Venus stated more to her self than to Peter.  she glanced at the pack.

She gingerly crawled over to it her hip still shooting pain through her.  She was sure she didn't break it but she did wonder if she bruised the bone when she hit the tree root.

As she dug through the pack looking for anything that might work Peter stated, "I don't think there's anything in there that'll work, V."

There were the blankets but the material that it was made of was too strong to rip, and the same with the tent.  The only other thing in there was a few of the nutrition bars that Peter seemed to keep on hand.  For someone who thinks they taste like 'shit', he seemed to keep a lot of them on hand.